1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Hue light service

Any issues that are tvOS specific
activate

Hue light service

Post by activate »

Hey guys, I am running the latest MrMC full version on tvOS. Can't find the hue light service to integrate. Nothing on wiki either. Wondering if someone can push me int he right direction.

azriel84

Re: Hue light service

Post by azriel84 »

It's on the beta for now and only working if you are using Videotoolbox codec. You will have to wait for the 3.7 official release and not use the AVfoundation codec, so for the time being no hue service with 4K files.
onkalf

Post by onkalf »

What about 1080p files? Is it work with it?
How can I integrate hue service?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Works great here with 1080p files
notlbishop

Post by notlbishop »

azriel84 wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 06:13 It's on the beta for now and only working if you are using Videotoolbox codec. You will have to wait for the 3.7 official release and not use the AVfoundation codec, so for the time being no hue service with 4K files.
just so I interpret your reply correctly - will 4k files with the AVF codec work with the hue service in 3.7 final when it's released? or is it still VTB only?

thanks!
onkalf

Post by onkalf »

amet wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 09:35 Works great here with 1080p files
I am new apple tv 4k only 2days. :)
How can I use mrmc with my hues? What can I do in setup?
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

onkalf wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 11:13 How can I use mrmc with my hues? What can I do in setup?
By reading every post in this topic ;)

Hue Client Service in MrMC will be available when 3.7 is released officially. So if you don’t participate in MrMC’s 3.7 TestFlight, you will have to wait...
onkalf

Post by onkalf »

Thanks, I am waiting :)
notlbishop

Post by notlbishop »

still wondering if the hue service will work with the AVF codec when 3.7 released? or is this unknown currently?

thanks!
notlbishop

Post by notlbishop »

think i've answered my own question trying out the 3.7 release.

so it doesn't appear to work for 4k movies, works fine for 1080p, i'm assuming down to the different codec used. a massive shame, are there plans to work on this for a future release?