1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Emby library with additional SMB sources  [SOLVED]

Any issues that are tvOS specific
maisun

Emby library with additional SMB sources

Post by maisun » 02 Aug 2018, 12:09

Sorry for this stupid question - I consider myself an experienced KODI user, but couldn't figure out how to add an additional SMB source in Mrmc :(
I use Emby for my collection, so I have Emby client configured in Mrmc which works perfectly except for the bluray ISOs. To solve the issue, I moved all my BD ISOs to a shared SMB folder, and I plan to add the folder as an additional video source to Mrmc (assume Mrmc can play BD ISOs directly off SMB share).
I found the place to add the SMB folder (have to admit it was not very easy to find), however after adding the source I cannot specify content type - tried edit source without luck.
Question: is it even possible to Mrmc to add additional SMB source when Emby client is enabled? If so can someone show me how to do that?
Thank you in advance!

maisun

Re: Emby library with additional SMB sources

Post by maisun » 03 Aug 2018, 12:32

Hi, thanks for reply!
I did follow the instruments from the WIKI page to enable SMB 2/3 support.
However the tutorial doesn't show how to add a SMB shared folder as video source :(
In the screenshot it shows "Videos - Files", however when use Emby client I can't find "Videos" in the home screen. I can only See Movies, TV, Music and Settings.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 03 Aug 2018, 13:24

Settings-> media sources ?

Once you pick a source you will have the option to set content

maisun

Post by maisun » 06 Aug 2018, 07:16

amet wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 13:24
Settings-> media sources ?

Once you pick a source you will have the option to set content
Found the issue - media sources menu item was hidden from the skin, I can now add new media sources :-)
I noticed a small issue though: when I added a SMB share media source with the name "Concerts" (BD isos) and set the content type to "Movies" (I want to use IMDB scrapper), it appears as a sub-item named "Movies" under the main Movies menu item. Looks to me like the content type instead of the media source name is used there. Could that be a bug?

Thanks!

amet
Team MrMC

Re: Emby library with additional SMB sources  [SOLVED]

Post by amet » 06 Aug 2018, 08:04

Its not a bug, that’s how it’s done unfortunately ... content is movies and hence the name. MrMC internal library only recognizes Movie, tv show, music videos and music

Version 3.7.0 will have an option to add sources to home using their names, that might help in your scenario

maisun

Post by maisun » 06 Aug 2018, 09:40

amet wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 08:04
Its not a bug, that’s how it’s done unfortunately ... content is movies and hence the name. MrMC internal library only recognizes Movie, tv show, music videos and music

Version 3.7.0 will have an option to add sources to home using their names, that might help in your scenario

Sounds great! Thank you very much for the help!