1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Problems with scraping TV series

Any issues that are tvOS specific
DocEagle

Problems with scraping TV series

Post by DocEagle »

From time to time I can't index my series, because the scraper doesn't get any response. The syntax is ok (a discrete directory for any series), sub directory "season 1", and there the entries e.g. SS-GB S1E1, SS-GB S1E2 ... resp. SS-GB S01E01, SS-GB S01E02, ...

Nothing is found, even with given local information by nfo-files.

The only workaround for me in the moment is to scrape by using another environment (e. g. KODI on INTEL NUC). No problem to scrape with this installation.

Is this a known bug (can't really believe) or did I make any mistake?
DocEagle

Re: Problems with scraping TV series

Post by DocEagle »

Hi guys,

this happens again under 3.7.0 and tvOS 12.

Actually I want to scrape
„Krieg der Träume“ (German) resp.
„Clash of Futures“ (English).

The TV show is to be found, but no episode, though I can find all 8 episodes online using
www.thetvdb.com.

Any ideas?

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/clash-of ... /seasons/1

As I could see in the log file the scraper finds the episodes, but in the end it's not stored in the database. Maybe there is a false record in the thetvdb database (originally aired in 1969 is wrong, must be 2018) or the scraper doesn't handle this right.

Unfortunaltely I can't upload the log file.
DocEagle

Post by DocEagle »

Here is the corresponding log file.

https://pastebin.com/qwE8N5Yq.

The episodes of the TV show are found during the scraping process, but later on they don't get stored in the DB. Obviously because of an incorrect item (first aired in 1969 is wrong, mus be 2018). I don't know where this wrong date come from, because there is no date set in the German chapter. Could be this is a default value, but following from this all episode data will be rejected.

This behaviour obviously is a scraping bug, not initially caused by MrMC.
raiars

Post by raiars »

Same issue for my Shield TV, any way to solve it?