1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Issues with TS files (scrubbing, skipping, jumping to a position)

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Philipp_1975PB

Issues with TS files (scrubbing, skipping, jumping to a position)

Post by Philipp_1975PB » 23 Jun 2018, 21:13

Hi,

I am using MrMC on both my iPad and my Apple TV to solely stream SAT-recordings (TS files, H264, 2-10GB average) via my Synology NAS via SMB.

While it works flawlessly on my iPad, I run into serious issues on my Apple TV.

Scenarios:
* Restarting a movie from a position where I left off can cause the Apple TV to display a stuck frame + the Sound is running from the positon I wanted to start off.
* Scrubbing or skipping to the next position causes the Apple TV to hang in a buffering loop and not doing anything (it Buffers from 0-100 again and again and again)

Some additional Infos:
* TS Files are always the same - they only vary in size
* iPad is buffering the same large files w/o issues via WLAN, while AppleTV seems to have issues. Jumping back and forth on iPad via WLAN (same infrastructure is not a problem with the very same files all the time)
* it does not matter if I have the Siri Expert Mode enabled or disabled or if I disable scrubbing for the file extension
* it can happen, that I can start the movie w/o issues (even from a position in the middle of the movie), I skip some seconds i.e. clicking up and it works, skipping another part does not work and it comes up once with the buffering issue or the stuck frame issue
* I am on both, the latest MrMC and iOS Version
* Rebooting the Apple TV does not help at all

I can provide details to the files (codec, size etc.) and also any log files (if they are possible to extract from the AppleTV somehow).

Many thanks for feedback.

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Issues with TS files (scrubbing, skipping, jumping to a position)

Post by davilla » 23 Jun 2018, 21:40

Are both iPad and AppleTV setup with the same decoders ? VideoToolBox, AVFoundation, etc ?

Which iPad ? Which AppleTV ?

Seeking with H264 depends greatly that they are encoded properly. The core player looks for a key frame before resuming video decoding/rendering. This prevents seen incomplete frames (macro blocking) from showing.

But if both iPad/AppleTV are setup the same, the handling is identical. Are they really setup the same ? Both WifI ? Both using same transport ? Both running same version ?

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 23 Jun 2018, 21:43

Are h264 satellite broadcasts not interlaced?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 23 Jun 2018, 21:47

cosmoxl wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 21:43
Are h264 satellite broadcasts not interlaced?
Maybe yes, maybe no. It all depends on what they are doing.

Philipp_1975PB

Post by Philipp_1975PB » 25 Jun 2018, 18:26

Hi,

let me try to answer best possible:

Code (see attached codec info from VLC) - this is one of the files that shows this erratic behaviour when jumping to a position or scrubbing.

Type: Video
Original ID: 1920
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10( (h264)
Resolution: 1280x738
Display Resolution:1280x720
Framerate: 50
Decoded Format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Type: Audio
Original ID: 1921
Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)
Language: German
Channels: 3F2R/LFE
Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Bitrate: 448kb/s

I run MrMC (paid full versions) with the latest updates on

iPad Air 2 (MrMC 3.6-2 Git:2018-04-25-4528cc1) Videotoolbox and AVFoundation -> both selected/checked
ATV 4k (MrMC 3.6-2 Git: 2018-04-25-4528cc1-dirty) Videotoolbox and AVFoundation -> both selected/checked

Both are connected to the same network (ATV wired, iPad Air 2 WiFi), same Synology NAS, same SMB shares, same files causing issues on ATV and not on iPad Air2).

Hope I summarized this in a helpful way. Honestly, I do not even care about scrubbing so much (would be nice tough), but the buffering and the stuck image frame with the sound starting normally also happens when just resuming from a certain position and even normale i.e. 10 second skips are not working.

Appreciate you looking into this :-)

Many thanks, Philipp

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 25 Jun 2018, 18:45

Hi,

Debuglog when this happens would be helpful

Boulder

Post by Boulder » 30 Jun 2018, 16:55

I posted a debug log (https://pastebin.com/43JDuNRm) in this thread: https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4001

I've noticed that playing an M2TS file often has this strange issue of the buffering meter going 0-100 all the time after seeking or skipping. The same sources remuxed to MKV work much better.

Manniene

Post by Manniene » 14 Jul 2018, 16:25

I use the App TV version as well and I have the exact same issue! I use MRMC to watch my SAT recordings. Some of the recordings cannot be Srubbed, skipped, moving forward... MrMC is hanging and nothing is happening then. At the same time Extreme Player / VLC is having no issue with the same recording running on Apple TV.
Hope to get bug fix.

schnurrz

Post by schnurrz » 26 Aug 2018, 22:04

Did anyone find a fix for this? Having the same isse here with 720p recordings.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 26 Aug 2018, 22:11

samples please.