1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

DOLBY ATMOS in IOS 12

Any issues that are tvOS specific
cosmoxl

Re: DOLBY ATMOS in IOS 12

Post by cosmoxl »

Since at lot of audio these days is 7.1 I'd set MrMC to 7.1 so that your receiver does the combining of surround channels to fit your setup.

Yes, what you are getting is TrueHD or DTS HD Ma decoded by MrMC and sent as PCM.
Hansel

Post by Hansel »

Ok great, thanks. So, assuming they implement Atmos "properly" and MrMC etc can utilise it, I'd just be missing out on the object audio in DTS:X files. I can probably live with that.
TheBrother

Post by TheBrother »

yesterday I fired up "Jack Ryan" on Amazon Prime - and Voila Audio is Dolby Atmos via Apple TV :D
Hansel

Post by Hansel »

TheBrother wrote:yesterday I fired up "Jack Ryan" on Amazon Prime - and Voila Audio is Dolby Atmos via Apple TV :D
Yeah it's weird. Some people on Reddit also got Atmos from Jack Ryan whereas others (including me) don't. I'll try it again tonight.

(On the latest beta obviously).
Old-Toast

Post by Old-Toast »

From what I've heard (though no solid confirmation), the AppleTV uses Dolby MAT which is essentially PCM audio + Atmos metadata, this only works with HDMI pass-through to a Dolby Atmos sound system.

It may not do Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 with Atmos over ARC which is how some get Atmos working on other platforms.
Hansel

Post by Hansel »

Updating the Netflix app on the ATV now puts out Atmos. Still nothing for Amazon Prime though.
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

Hansel wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 23:35 Updating the Netflix app on the ATV now puts out Atmos. Still nothing for Amazon Prime though.
Firecore somehow fixed the passthru issue. I think they just output PCM if you enable passthru.

Netflix and Atmos is interesting. Looks like the AppleTV is getting it, but the description in the app is saying 5.1.
Hansel

Post by Hansel »

loekf2 wrote:
Hansel wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 23:35 Updating the Netflix app on the ATV now puts out Atmos. Still nothing for Amazon Prime though.
Firecore somehow fixed the passthru issue. I think they just output PCM if you enable passthru.

Netflix and Atmos is interesting. Looks like the AppleTV is getting it, but the description in the app is saying 5.1.
A few people have seen that issue. Sometimes doing a restart sorts it out and you'll start to see the Atmos labels as well
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

loekf2 wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 20:06

They didn't "fix it" it's actually not outputting audio correctly at all.
Hansel

Post by Hansel »

Ok, so tvOS12 is out officially, so it'll be interesting to see if the MrMC guys can get access to Atmos