1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Grencola

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Grencola » 22 Dec 2018, 04:47

M1K43LHC wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 18:46
Hey, it is awesome to see all the advances about Dolby vision files.
I would like to know if someone can explain hot to mux my 3 files into one. I have read that Dolby MP4Remux should be used to so, but I don't know how to use that tool. It would be awesome if anybody can share a kind of well explained tutorial about this tool with pictures or a video.

kind regards.
Yea just read up a few comments above ;)

loekf2

Post by loekf2 » 20 Jan 2019, 08:41

I have played with Dolby's mp4muxer tool, but I'm kind of lost what it's purpose.

Appearently (see the makemkv forums) it works for LG TVs.

I tried an UDF 2.6 ISO of an UHD BD:
- Extracted the BL HEVC 4K stream
- Extracted the EL HEVC 2K stream
- Extracted the DTX:X audio stream and converted it to AC3 using ffmpeg

When you use the Dolby tool to mux it back to a .MP4 file:
- I still see two video streams in the MP4, so the BL and EL layers, whether you use profile 5 or 7
- When you use profile 7: the file plays ok using Infuse on a ATV 4K, but stutters big time using MrMC
- When you use profile 5 (= supposedly the profile Netflix uses and the ATV 4K supports) - as indicated above I also see two streams. Both Infuse and MrMC don't play it. Infuse does nothing (just a spinning wheel), MrMC only plays the audio track.
- In all cases, my Sony TV (a KD55XE9305 with DV support, though LCD) doesn't recognize DV.

So, it's a no-go for this tool. I expected a single video stream with the DV metadata embedded into this.

Didn't check what's possible with x265 yet.
AppleTV 4K 64GB, 2nd Apple TV 4 as Homekit hub, NVidia Shield ATV

FranknStein7

Post by FranknStein7 » 20 Jan 2019, 14:27

loekf2 wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 08:41
So, it's a no-go for this tool. I expected a single video stream with the DV metadata embedded into this.
The MP4 conversion basically just changes the container. It's still dual layer. There are certain TVs (and maybe blu-ray players) that will play back the dual layer DV files in MP4 format but not MKV. That's really the only purpose of this method. Still no way to convert dual layer to single layer.

loekf2

Post by loekf2 » 20 Jan 2019, 16:25

FranknStein7 wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 14:27
loekf2 wrote:
The MP4 conversion basically just changes the container. It's still dual layer. There are certain TVs (and maybe blu-ray players) that will play back the dual layer DV files in MP4 format but not MKV. That's really the only purpose of this method. Still no way to convert dual layer to single layer.
I have not given up yet, still have to play with x265. Question is what happens if you decode an UHD file with ffmpeg and pipe the data to x265 with the 2nd HD hevc stream as RPU source ? Will that result into a single stream profile 5 file ?
AppleTV 4K 64GB, 2nd Apple TV 4 as Homekit hub, NVidia Shield ATV

Bjokam

Post by Bjokam » 05 Feb 2019, 13:29

It has starting to surface some movies with dolby vision in mp4 format , will the work on the apple tv?https://pastebin.com/vmaqjQ6a

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 05 Feb 2019, 17:06

Bjokam wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 13:29
It has starting to surface some movies with dolby vision in mp4 format , will the work on the apple tv?https://pastebin.com/vmaqjQ6a
They will work... in HDR. DolbyVision as a separate video stream will be ignored.

That one has two video streams, the 2nd being DolbyVision.

Bjokam

Post by Bjokam » 07 Feb 2019, 07:07

Is it anything that you would be able to get to work in the future? or is it a stop on the apple tv to get mkv with
dolby vision this way to work?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 07 Feb 2019, 13:33

Bjokam wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 07:07
Is it anything that you would be able to get to work in the future? or is it a stop on the apple tv to get mkv with
dolby vision this way to work?
Sorry, my crystal ball is broke... If I could guess what the future holds, I'd be a very rich person :)

Nothing prevents it except knowing the method to properly merge the two layers together. We know it can be done, the exact details will need to be reverse engineered as there are no public specs or docs that contain this information.

costaud

Post by costaud » 18 Feb 2019, 10:19

FranknStein7 wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 14:27
loekf2 wrote:
Yep, I tested, it only works on my oppo 203 ;)
I doesn't work too on SONY A1 OLED TV !
Shield TV - KODI 18 - MrMc

Grencola

Post by Grencola » 20 Feb 2019, 14:36

I made a little program using winrar-sfx. It's a fully automated one-click method to make a dv mp4. I wanted a quick and easy solution so people don't need to download and learn 3 different programs and waste time with gui's demuxing / remuxing / converting audio, etc.

I made one for both m2ts and mkv input files. m2ts-mp4 works perfectly on the TV via usb. I haven't tried playing a DV mp4 from an mkv on the TV yet, but the output mediainfo seems identical and I've read some people had it working, so it's worth testing out. and no, there's no malware (you can literally just open it with winrar instead and extract it all to your video file's folder then run the .cmd if you don't trust me).

you can point it to a full uhd bd folder (\bdmv\streams\) as I have it set to find the largest video file and use that, but putting your desired m2ts / mkv file into its own folder is best.

let me know what you think, and what I should add/change. I'm not the greatest programmer as you can probably see from my code, so all tweaks are welcome. perhaps adding batch support for multiple movies, or keeping the original movie filenames etc? it all requires variables I haven't quite learned yet :)

I'd love to know if these mp4's work with MrMC on Apple TV 4k, so I thought by making this app it could bring more testers to the table that were struggling before.

cheers!

m2ts to mp4: https://bit.ly/2TX4yYW

mkv to mp4: https://bit.ly/2EhJwi3