1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision

Any issues that are tvOS specific
costaud

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by costaud »

davilla wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 19:09 Nah, waste of time. something has to handle merging the two. That something does not exist at this time.
Yep !
buddyrich

Post by buddyrich »

Im certain i was able to play the only LG demo that had DV metadata and mrmc switched to DV mode on my lg correctly. It was an unknown filetype (.lge) but worked when renamed to be an mkv.

This was feed to mrmc via Plex on backend if that matters.

This was the demo:

http://4kmedia.org/lg-dolby-vision-uhd-4k-demo/

(though this appears to be a .ts file and not a .lge file-i got the .lge file off of post on avsfourm...)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

buddyrich wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 22:11 Im certain i was able to play the only LG demo that had DV metadata and mrmc switched to DV mode on my lg correctly. It was an unknown filetype (.lge) but worked when renamed to be an mkv.

This was the demo:

(though this appears to be a .ts file and not a .lge file-i got the .lge file off of post on avsfourm...)
I think MrMC will play single layer DV. It's the double layer that won't play. But, maybe I'm misunderstanding.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

cosmoxl wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 22:16
buddyrich wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 22:11 Im certain i was able to play the only LG demo that had DV metadata and mrmc switched to DV mode on my lg correctly. It was an unknown filetype (.lge) but worked when renamed to be an mkv.

This was the demo:

I think MrMC will play single layer DV. It's the double layer that won't play. But, maybe I'm misunderstanding.
Yeah, MrMC (and the Apple TV) only supports the single layer DV and not the dual layer that's found on UHD discs. I also wouldn't expect that support for dual layer will ever happen on this box.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

hehe, just wait until I have some time to throw at it :)
wesk05

Post by wesk05 »

Folks, repeat after me: dual-track, dual-track :D

It is dual-track Dolby Vision that is not playable. Single track dual-layer ones play fine even though Apple states that it is not supported. All those LG demo files are single track dual-layer.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

wesk05 wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 00:53 Folks, repeat after me: dual-track, dual-track :D

It is dual-track Dolby Vision that is not playable. Single track dual-layer ones play fine even though Apple states that it is not supported. All those LG demo files are single track dual-layer.
Is this the backwards compatibility you speak of? ... that those LG demos will play on my SDR system and look great because the system knows to play the SDR layer?
wesk05

Post by wesk05 »

cosmoxl wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 01:16 Is this the backwards compatibility you speak of? ... that those LG demos will play on my SDR system and look great because the system knows to play the SDR layer?
Sort of... The 3 main Dolby Vision profiles are 4, 5 and 7. 4 and 7 are dual-layer profiles (Base + Enhancement layers). Profile 5 is a single layer profile. It has no backwards compatibility and uses ITP instead of YCbCr. Dual-layer profiles can fall back to HDR10/HLG or SDR. The LG demos fall back to SDR.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

/me burns an offering to the dual-track gods. :)
wesk05

Post by wesk05 »

davilla wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 02:05 /me burns an offering to the dual-track gods. :)
It will require mass offerings :lol: