1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Godmax

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Godmax »

NO ONE can handle Dolby Vision we are all fucked. It wont be possible. Maybe in 2024 or some shit
costaud

Post by costaud »

Does the ATV support AVCHD structure ?
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

Cant someone just PRESS the dual layer shit into one single file and be done with it? Then we can play the shit what is the problem here :evil: :evil:
barong

Post by barong »

Godmax wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 21:15 Cant someone just PRESS the dual layer shit into one single file and be done with it? Then we can play the shit what is the problem here :evil: :evil:
If it's that easy, go ahead and do it and share it with everyone.
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

I have tried a lot. I even have my own personal russian translator for various russian forums. No mas no chance nothing but I bet it aint that hard
jrcorwin

Post by jrcorwin »

Godmax wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 21:11 NO ONE can handle Dolby Vision we are all fucked. It wont be possible. Maybe in 2024 or some shit
I believe the OPPO players, which are being discontinued, can play Dolby Vision files. M2TS versions, I believe.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

jrcorwin wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 01:46
Godmax wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 21:11 NO ONE can handle Dolby Vision we are all fucked. It wont be possible. Maybe in 2024 or some shit
I believe the OPPO players, which are being discontinued, can play Dolby Vision files. M2TS versions, I believe.
yes, and they can work with dolby vision input via HDMI. current beta firmware improves this with more options for the user.
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

Yep and costs 4 times as much. That really doesnt work.
azriel84

Post by azriel84 »

A question that I came up with recently. I've seen a couple of YouTube videos, claiming that instead of Dolby Vision output in ATV settings, we should set it to 4K SDR 60Hz, leaving match content and frame rate on. This way hdr and dolby vision files will be played normally with their Metadata, but sdr files will be also played as intended. If I understood correctly, if we set the output to Dolby Vision in ATV settings, it tries to sort of apply a "forced upscale" to the sdr file which may cause issues with image quality etc. Since I am a new ATV user starting with tvOS 11.4 on, I found out that this "forced upscaling" was an issue in the past before tvOS 11.2 or 11.3 and the match content option. Any suggestions?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

The YouTube videos are correct, you should set it to 4k SDR at 60Hz and then turn on match dynamic range and match frame rate. It's not a "forced upscaling" that is doing though, it's doing a conversion of the dynamic range (colorspace) to Dolby Vision, and that causes some very slight artifacts in certain situations if you examine the output extremely close. It's always best to playback in the correct frame rate and the correct color space (and also resolution but the Apple TV does a really good job upscaling).