1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision

Any issues that are tvOS specific
timstephens24

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by timstephens24 »

Those aren't the samples he's looking for. I'm also surprised your files don't work for you. I know the ones I tested in the past worked, but that was a long time ago and I don't normally test them. I'll try some of them out when I make it back to my actual house at the end of the week.
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9
Apple TV4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Nakamichi 7.2.4 -> LG OLED77CX
Channels DVR w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
barong

Post by barong »

timstephens24 wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 03:01 Those aren't the samples he's looking for. I'm also surprised your files don't work for you. I know the ones I tested in the past worked, but that was a long time ago and I don't normally test them. I'll try some of them out when I make it back to my actual house at the end of the week.
Apologies, I misread the request. I though they were chasing single layer DV files.

The mp4 files do not play correctly for me in the current TF version of MrMC (and have never worked).
Only play as audio. This is from the file explorer/browser.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

You should try the original m2ts file and not the mp4 remuxed file. Those are the ones that work.
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9
Apple TV4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Nakamichi 7.2.4 -> LG OLED77CX
Channels DVR w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

I sent the full atomic blonde uhd bd rip (m2ts, NOT the mkv remux) through TSMuxer demux with just the two video tracks and an eac3 audio track selected, then ran dolbymp4muxer with those 3 files TSMuxer spat out as my inputs and it created an mp4, which I can confirm is WORKING on a Vizio TV as well! plays great and looks amazing!
davilla wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 14:35sample please...
I tried to crop a small clip but it keeps stripping out the DV layer for some reason :( but if you have a uhd bd rip with dv give it a go if you get a minute. Would love to know if it works in MrMC! I bet it just might :)
barong

Post by barong »

timstephens24 wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 03:44 You should try the original m2ts file and not the mp4 remuxed file. Those are the ones that work.
The ts files play and kick in DV, but they have a green/pink hue and not displaying colour properly.
Work fine in the TVs built in app.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

barong wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 06:55 The ts files play and kick in DV, but they have a green/pink hue and not displaying colour properly.
Work fine in the TVs built in app.
How bout an mp4 using the dolbymp4muxer? :)
sorenat

Post by sorenat »

Grencola wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 05:22 I sent the full atomic blonde uhd bd rip (m2ts, NOT the mkv remux) through TSMuxer demux with just the two video tracks and an eac3 audio track selected, then ran dolbymp4muxer with those 3 files TSMuxer spat out as my inputs and it created an mp4, which I can confirm is WORKING on a Vizio TV as well! plays great and looks amazing!
davilla wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 14:35sample please...
I tried to crop a small clip but it keeps stripping out the DV layer for some reason :( but if you have a uhd bd rip with dv give it a go if you get a minute. Would love to know if it works in MrMC! I bet it just might :)
That's great news! May I ask what parameters were used for mp4muxer? I tried to do the similar and used the following parameters: --output-format frag-mp4 --mpeg4-max-frag-duration 2500 --dv-profile 0 --mpeg4-comp-brand mp42,iso6,isom,msdh,dby1 --overwrite

But got the error: Error: For Dolby vision hevc codec type, only setting profile to 2-8 makes sense!

Thanks a lot in advance!
uhdmovielover

Post by uhdmovielover »

sorenat wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 13:08 That's great news! May I ask what parameters were used for mp4muxer? I tried to do the similar and used the following parameters: --output-format frag-mp4 --mpeg4-max-frag-duration 2500 --dv-profile 0 --mpeg4-comp-brand mp42,iso6,isom,msdh,dby1 --overwrite

But got the error: Error: For Dolby vision hevc codec type, only setting profile to 2-8 makes sense!

Thanks a lot in advance!
I'm curious as well. I tried the following:

Code: Select all

mp4muxer -i 00011.track_4113.hevc -i 00011.track_4117.hevc --dv-input-es-mode split -i 00011.track_4352.ac3 -o FullDVMovie.mp4 --dv-profile 4 --mpeg4-comp-brand mp42,iso6,isom,msdh,dby1 --overwrite
And I got a file, it registers as Dolby Vision when played both via Plex and via the native player on my LGTV, but it has it has an overwhelming green tint to it, so doesn't look right at all.

My assumption is that the first input file should be the regular movie track, and the second input file is the DV video track (as demuxed from tsmuxer). Also, I wasn't sure what to use for --dv-profile, the options listed are:

--dv-profile <arg>  = Sets the Dolby Vision profile. This option is MANDATORY for 
                       DoVi elementary stream: Valid profile values are:
                       0 - dvav.per, BL codec: AVC;    EL codec: AVC;    BL compatibility: SDR/HDR.   
                       1 - dvav.pen, BL codec: AVC;    EL codec: AVC;    BL compatibility: None.      
                       2 - dvhe.der, BL codec: HEVC8;  EL codec: HEVC8;  BL compatibility: SDR/HDR.   
                       3 - dvhe.den, BL codec: HEVC8;  EL codec: HEVC8;  BL compatibility: None.      
                       4 - dvhe.dtr, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: HEVC10; BL compatibility: SDR/HDR.   
                       5 - dvhe.stn, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: N/A;    BL compatibility: None.      
                       6 - dvhe.dth, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: HEVC10; BL compatibility: CTA HDR10. 
                       7 - dvhe.dtb, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: HEVC10; BL compatibility: Blue-ray HDR10. 
                       >7 - Reserved
My assumption is that it should be either 2, 4, 6, or 7, but I don't know who to determine what it should be, or if it would ever make a difference.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

whoa that's busy ;)
Last edited by Grencola on 14 Dec 2018, 23:58, edited 2 times in total.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

uhdmovielover wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 16:18
sorenat wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 13:08 That's great news! May I ask what parameters were used for mp4muxer? I tried to do the similar and used the following parameters: --output-format frag-mp4 --mpeg4-max-frag-duration 2500 --dv-profile 0 --mpeg4-comp-brand mp42,iso6,isom,msdh,dby1 --overwrite

Thanks a lot in advance!
I'm curious as well. I tried the following:

mp4muxer -i 00011.track_4113.hevc -i 00011.track_4117.hevc --dv-input-es-mode split -i 00011.track_4352.ac3 -o FullDVMovie.mp4 --dv-profile 4 --mpeg4-comp-brand mp42,iso6,isom,msdh,dby1 --overwrite
And I got a file, it registers as Dolby Vision when played both via Plex and via the native player on my LGTV, but it has it has an overwhelming green tint to it, so doesn't look right at all.

My assumption is that the first input file should be the regular movie track, and the second input file is the DV video track (as demuxed from tsmuxer). Also, I wasn't sure what to use for --dv-profile, the options listed are:

--dv-profile <arg>  = Sets the Dolby Vision profile. This option is MANDATORY for 
                       DoVi elementary stream: Valid profile values are:
                       0 - dvav.per, BL codec: AVC;    EL codec: AVC;    BL compatibility: SDR/HDR.   
                       1 - dvav.pen, BL codec: AVC;    EL codec: AVC;    BL compatibility: None.      
                       2 - dvhe.der, BL codec: HEVC8;  EL codec: HEVC8;  BL compatibility: SDR/HDR.   
                       3 - dvhe.den, BL codec: HEVC8;  EL codec: HEVC8;  BL compatibility: None.      
                       4 - dvhe.dtr, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: HEVC10; BL compatibility: SDR/HDR.   
                       5 - dvhe.stn, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: N/A;    BL compatibility: None.      
                       6 - dvhe.dth, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: HEVC10; BL compatibility: CTA HDR10. 
                       7 - dvhe.dtb, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: HEVC10; BL compatibility: Blue-ray HDR10. 
                       >7 - Reserved
My assumption is that it should be either 2, 4, 6, or 7, but I don't know who to determine what it should be, or if it would ever make a difference.
you guys were doing way more than you needed to :) once you've demuxd your m2ts you should be left with baselayer. hevc, dvlayer. hevc, and audio. ac3.. you literally just run mp4muxer --dv-profile 7 --input-file baselayer.hevc --input-file dvlayer.hevc --input-file audio.ac3 --media-lang eng --output-file dvmovieyay.mp4