1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Video jumps forward 10mins after starting

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Boris Blank

Video jumps forward 10mins after starting

Post by Boris Blank » 31 May 2018, 09:15

I'd noticed this a couple months ago in a 2nd ATV4k that i boughtl, only happens in a few videos but only just got round to fault-finding.

When starting certain videos, the player skips forward to the 10minute mark. It only does this on certain videos and is repeatable on those specific videos. I have two Apple 4ks, one has the problem, one does not. Only happens in MrMC and appears random but once it happens for one particular video or videos, it stays there. Deleting and reinstalling MrMc doesn't work, marking everything as unwatched, same problem persists.

I at first thought that it was the remote but after resetting the remote and even swapping it over with the other, the problem persists. Double checked the MrMC skip forward settings but all at default and both ATV4Ks/MrMC's are at the same settings.

Log as follows, the offending video in this instance is Masterchef Australia, all episodes are affected (18 to date). Again, only happens on one of my ATV4K's. (Hopefully this is how I'm supposed to post the log, my apologies if incorrect)

https://pastebin.com/Uve3QCq8

09:57 is where I select the episode. At 09:57:13 I see T:6115110912 DEBUG: demuxer seek to: 600738.000000 (ms) - thats the 10minute skip forward I presume.

Any help in getting this back to normal would be very much appreciated, its driving me mad and explains why my partner has been having problems figuring out whats happening in some videos she has been watching - I thought she just hadn't been paying attention! Missing the first 10minutes of a movie or something just destroys the viewing experience!

Thanks guys!

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Video jumps forward 10mins after starting

Post by davilla » 31 May 2018, 13:51

Someone else had this issue a few months ago, it was a misconfigure with respect to some keymap, it was doing a page up which is a big seek.

Boris Blank

Re: Video jumps forward 10mins after starting

Post by Boris Blank » 31 May 2018, 15:40

Ah, I've not messed with the Keymaps, I did however reload the default ones a couple time but to no avail.

Not sure how I could access the default one to double check it (is there an Apple version of X-Plore or something?) but I would have thought that uninstalling and doing a fresh install of MrMc might have cleared any anomalies but sadly not in my case.

Bloody annoying :evil: