1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Bluray iso not playable via Emby client

Any issues that are tvOS specific
maisun

Bluray iso not playable via Emby client

Post by maisun »

Hi,

Just bought Apple TV 4K and MrMC, very pleased with the setup and will never go back to android TV.
The only thing not playable is bluray ISOs (or BDMV folders), doesn't matter if it's 1080P or UHD, when I click on the movie it just fails silently with no error message.
Does MrMC Emby client use HTTP for streaming (remember I had similar problem with Kodi Emby client with HTTP)? If so is there a way to switch to Native (SMB) or Addon mode? Thank you!
maisun

Re: Bluray iso not playable via Emby client

Post by maisun »

Anyone?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

maisun wrote: 13 Apr 2018, 13:58Anyone?
Right now, for both Plex/Emby clients, they use http/https streaming.

We are in discussion about including Emby addon which has a direct mode.
maisun

Post by maisun »

Thanks! Emby Kodi plugin allows to use "addon" mode without HTTP, it is a better option than native as the playback is in Kodi while most benefits of HTTP is reserved.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

maisun wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 17:53 Thanks! Emby Kodi plugin allows to use "addon" mode without HTTP, it is a better option than native as the playback is in Kodi while most benefits of HTTP is reserved.
Regardless of how it happens, playback is always using the internal player. For MrMC and all variants like Kodi.
maisun

Post by maisun »

davilla wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 17:59
maisun wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 17:53 Thanks! Emby Kodi plugin allows to use "addon" mode without HTTP, it is a better option than native as the playback is in Kodi while most benefits of HTTP is reserved.
Regardless of how it happens, playback is always using the internal player. For MrMC and all variants like Kodi.
Sorry didn't say it clearly - when I say playback I meant both playback and understand the structure of iso.
All I want to say is addon mode (without HTTP) works better than native, I got the following description from Emby forum:

Native mode exists for those who want a setup that is fully compatible with Kodi. Some addons require the actual file paths (to load your /extras, etc.). Using add-on playback mode masks the path behind plugin://plugin.video.emby/ paths which are loaded dynamically. The path is requested from the server at playback time. This allows the add-on to control what happens at playback, therefore allowed for more emby features like trailers, and more. Direct play is supported by both modes, but only add-on playback mode can also support HTTP and transcoded playback.

Would be nice to support add-on mode without HTTP.