1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

HDR videos jerking

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Scoty43

HDR videos jerking

Post by Scoty43 »

When I play HDR videos they jerk and need a few seconds to load. On a Nvidia Shield i dont have this problem.
This is the Test Video: http://4kmedia.org/lg-chess-hdr-demo/

I have make a record to see the problem.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cMMLT ... c6ViwhHDtH
Last edited by Scoty43 on 05 Apr 2018, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: HDR videos jerking

Post by amet »

And debuglog please
Scoty43

Post by Scoty43 »

Here is the Log:

https://pastebin.com/fq2kNzzp

With Infuse 5 Demo i can play the same Video without jerking but have the same long load time.
Scoty43

Post by Scoty43 »

Sorry is not solved. I hit the wrong Button.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

LG_Chess_HDR.mp4 is a known problematic test video. According to log, both hw decoders rejected it and it was vectored to ffmpeg for software decode. The AppleTV 4K just does not have enough CPU to software decode this and that's why you see jerking. It's trying to keep up and is skipping.
Scoty43

Post by Scoty43 »

But with Infuse is not jerking. The ATV4K have a very good CPU. The fastest from all. Have the same CPU like the iPhone X.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Scoty43 wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 12:55 But with Infuse is not jerking. The ATV4K have a very good CPU. The fastest from all. Have the same CPU like the iPhone X.
Yes, good but not good enough to handle 4K HEVC in software decode. That requires desktop class i7 quad-core or above.

As mentioned, LG_Chess_HDR.mp4 is a problem encode. It has been encoded wrong. Nothing we can do about it. Others have no issues with real HDR content.
Scoty43

Post by Scoty43 »

Yes other hdr play good but need time for loading always.
wesk05

Post by wesk05 »

davilla wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 13:55 As mentioned, LG_Chess_HDR.mp4 is a problem encode. It has been encoded wrong.
Apple TV 4K HEVC decoder seem to be very picky. The video does have HEVC spec. conformance issues, but they seem to be ignored on other devices.

The video in question has these conformance errors:

1) SEI: When frame_field_info_present_flag is equal to 1, it is a requirement of bitstream conformance that the constraints specified in the third column of Table D.2 shall apply. But pic_struct is equaled to 0 (section D.3.3)

2) SEI: When a non-nested picture timing SEI message is present in an access unit, it shall not follow any other SEI message that follows the prevVclNalUnitInAu of the picture timing SEI message and precedes the nextVclNalUnitInAu of the picture timing SEI message, other than an active parameter sets SEI message or a non-nested buffering period SEI message (Section D.3.1)

3) SEI: An SEI NAL unit containing an active parameter sets SEI message shall contain only one active parameter sets SEI message (Section D.3.1)