1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Rollback to 3.4 possible?

Any issues that are tvOS specific
mkc2lr

Re: Rollback to 3.4 possible?

Post by mkc2lr »

What does it mean now, mrmc is not usable anymore for 4k on SDR TV‘s and that’s it?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

mkc2lr wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 16:22 What does it mean now, mrmc is not usable anymore for 4k on SDR TV‘s and that’s it?
It's funny how people are always shooting the messenger. The messenger in this case being MrMC and the real fault lay at Apple's feet.
mkc2lr

Post by mkc2lr »

I don’t shoot. I just want to know if there’s any solution. Are you in contact with Apple to solve the issue or do you consider to find a solution bypassing AV foundation acceleration or ....?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Right now, we wait to see if Apple fixes it in 11.4 beta series, while we investigate other solutions. If we come up with a viable solution before Apple, a solution that is stable. Then into testflight it goes for a few rounds of user testing.

I can say this will not get fixed overnight.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

mkc2lr wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 19:40 I don’t shoot. I just want to know if there’s any solution. Are you in contact with Apple to solve the issue or do you consider to find a solution bypassing AV foundation acceleration or ....?
My solution is to use a PC with other software for the time being. Unless somebody tells me otherwise I consider the HDR>SDR feature gone for good as Apple probably never intended for it to exist. If Apple did intend for it to exist, streaming apps (itunes, netflix, amazon) would give us the option to stream HDR even on SDR TVs.
mkc2lr

Post by mkc2lr »

I just decided to buy Infuse. Yesterday it did have the same trouble as Mrmc, today I received an update. 4k on SDR totally fine now.
My solution is Infuse then.... sorry
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Good luck