1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Passthrough issue

Any issues that are tvOS specific
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Passthrough issue

Post by davilla »

Londo2017

Post by Londo2017 »

amet wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 14:20 You just loose dts/Dolby light on the receiver... sound quality is unchanged
Really ? I cannot believe this...Without passthrough means, that mrmc is converting the audio...But this will be the only solution till apple changes it :-(

Hope Apple will fix it...
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Londo2017 wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 20:10
amet wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 14:20 You just loose dts/Dolby light on the receiver... sound quality is unchanged
Really ? I cannot believe this...Without passthrough means, that mrmc is converting the audio...But this will be the only solution till apple changes it :-(

Hope Apple will fix it...
It's not converting, it decoding. The same thing the receiver does.
Zodler

Post by Zodler »

With passthrough disabled, is it output as 5.1 PCM?

What I don't understand is that there is also an audio setup in ATV. How does the audio settings work with ATV and MrMC? How these settings in 2 different places work together? For example if passthrough is disabled in MrMC and ATV is set to Dolby Digital, what happens?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Zodler wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 21:40 With passthrough disabled, is it output as 5.1 PCM?

What I don't understand is that there is also an audio setup in ATV. How does the audio settings work with ATV and MrMC? How these settings in 2 different places work together? For example if passthrough is disabled in MrMC and ATV is set to Dolby Digital, what happens?
Um, better than 5.1. 7.1 is possible - decoding HD audio.

If tvOS is setup to output dolby digital then IT is doing a conversion step.... to dolby digital. Even if you're playing itunes, it would be decoding dolby digital +, then encoding that to dolby digital.

For untouched audio you want to set tvOS to best quality available and make sure reduce loud sounds is off. There it'll output multichannel PCM - that''s the result of whatever it has decoded.

The reason for dolby digital option is because some systems don't support multi channel PCM.
cadeet

Post by cadeet »

Thank's Dev's for getting on top of this. Kids freaked out when this happened, I knew immediately that Apple borked the audio with the update. Just disabled pass-through for the time being. Left my channel config as is.
fhall1

Post by fhall1 »

Interesting - I have the same issue with MrMC giving only audio noise now. Not having time to research the net for what was going on, I switched to Infuse Pro and audio was fine. Any idea how they avoided the problem with 11.3?

EDIT: I had some free time to check settings and Infuse was indeed set to "Auto". Turning off "Enable Passthrough" on MrMC made the noise go away. Now hopefully Apple gets off their butts and fixes this correctly in tvOS soon.
Last edited by fhall1 on 04 Apr 2018, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
moonrak

Post by moonrak »

fhall1 wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 00:11 Interesting - I have the same issue with MrMC giving only audio noise now. Not having time to research the net for what was going on, I switched to Infuse Pro and audio was fine. Any idea how they avoided the problem with 11.3?
Same thing down here. InFuse Pro works fine.
Disabling passthrough as a workaround also works for me in MrMc.
Carlos
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

fhall1 wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 00:11 Interesting - I have the same issue with MrMC giving only audio noise now. Not having time to research the net for what was going on, I switched to Infuse Pro and audio was fine. Any idea how they avoided the problem with 11.3?
Other people report that Infuse Pro doesn't work either. First I've heard that it does work.
ionutm80

Post by ionutm80 »

cosmoxl wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 01:28 Other people report that Infuse Pro doesn't work either. First I've heard that it does work.
For me it does not work and even on their forum is marked as pending. Probably those who report as working have audio set to auto in Infuse.