1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Passthrough issue

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Oscar_206

Passthrough issue

Post by Oscar_206 »

Unfortunately i have a Problem with passthrough after the latest Update.. iam Not shure if the reason is the atv update or the mrmc update.

When iam using passthrough, only a ugly noice comes out of my speakers. Before the updates everything was fine with dts and Dolby. Do you allready know the issue?

Iam on the Atv 11.3 and mrmc v 3.6.0. I tried it several times but its allways the same. As i said, before the updates everything works correct.
My av Receiver dont change the input audio to dts or dolby when i start the movie.. only when passthrough is turned off, stereo is coming out fine.

Hope there will be a fast solution..
eazytv

Re: Passthrough issue

Post by eazytv »

Known issue in 11.3 since beta testing. :?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

:(

try to disable passthrough in settings -> system-> audio output and see if that helps
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

same problem , its related to DTS pass through it seams.
I wonder how much cpu it takes to decode 5.1 DD or DTS to PCM and send it down. ?
Will it be a problem ?
If not then this should work fine and deliver the best audio possible ( but at a cost of cpu on apple tv )
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Shouldn’t take too much, I think we can reproduce the issue now and will be looking at a fix ASAP... 3.6.1 to TvOS will follow soon
[email protected]

ok I tried ac3 also , but it also does not work within MRMC.

Doing test to see if it works on NEtflix or Plex Native client.
[email protected]

Netflix and Plex use PCM audio, when they are sending it. Wether its 5.1 DD or DTS from their movies. It just sends PCM
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Make sure that tvOS audio settings did not get reset to default, this happens sometimes when a tvOS update is released.
Oscar_206

Post by Oscar_206 »

What do you mean by default? There are only 3 Settings - Stereo, Dolby or best Audio (lpcm)?
Oscar_206

Post by Oscar_206 »

[email protected] wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 14:10 Netflix and Plex use PCM audio, when they are sending it. Wether its 5.1 DD or DTS from their movies. It just sends PCM
If you set up Dolby in atv Settings, Netflix will also have Dolby, no pcm