1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Newbie Questions

Any issues that are tvOS specific
solamnic

Newbie Questions

Post by solamnic »

I am thinking of buying an apple tv 4k because i want to playback 4k movies (among others) from my nfs server...
I now own a nuc haswell i think with libreelec..

I thought Kodi was not possible on apple tv until i ve found out MrMC..

Let me ask a few things that i want to clarify

1) I ve read that no others skins are supported... this means Aeon Nox is not available? if so what skins are inclued in mrmc?
2) I do have a large library (kodi) in my nuc. Backup and Restore Addons are supported? So i can restore my library to apple tv (via network)

3) regarding speed.... while browsing movies - in mrmc - apple tv is faster than those amlogic boxes or nvidia shield (i bought a shield and sold it because it was really slow for my needs)

4) From what i ve read HD Audio is passed as PCM in the receiver. This means that the quality of the audio is reduced compared to passthrough?

Thank you
and forgive my noobish questions
:mrgreen:
cosmoxl

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by cosmoxl »

solamnic wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 20:59 I am thinking of buying an apple tv 4k because i want to playback 4k movies (among others) from my nfs server...
I now own a nuc haswell i think with libreelec..

I thought Kodi was not possible on apple tv until i ve found out MrMC..

Let me ask a few things that i want to clarify

1) I ve read that no others skins are supported... this means Aeon Nox is not available? if so what skins are inclued in mrmc?
2) I do have a large library (kodi) in my nuc. Backup and Restore Addons are supported? So i can restore my library to apple tv (via network)

3) regarding speed.... while browsing movies - in mrmc - apple tv is faster than those amlogic boxes or nvidia shield (i bought a shield and sold it because it was really slow for my needs)

4) From what i ve read HD Audio is passed as PCM in the receiver. This means that the quality of the audio is reduced compared to passthrough?

Thank you
and forgive my noobish questions
:mrgreen:
There's a lite version that is free to try. :)
solamnic

Post by solamnic »

the thing is that i dont own an apple tv 4k and i will buy one if only mrmc suits my needs :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

1) Skins available are Amber, Black Glass Nova, MrMC, Opacity (default), PM3.HD4MrMC, SiO2.

2) I don't know as I use Plex as my database.

3) I don't know what you consider fast.

4) At this time Atmos or DTS:X wouldn't be supported since bitstream isn't possible. But, the main channels have arguably no less quality. It's just decoded in the apple tv instead of in your receiver.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

solamnic wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 20:59 1) I ve read that no others skins are supported... this means Aeon Nox is not available? if so what skins are inclued in mrmc?
Opacity (default) MrMC (Confluence), Amber, Black Glass Nova, SiO2 and pm3.hd

More a coming once python comes back, see the testflight section for progress.
solamnic wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 20:59 2) I do have a large library (kodi) in my nuc. Backup and Restore Addons are supported? So i can restore my library to apple tv (via network)
Not yet, they need python support.
solamnic wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 20:59 3) regarding speed.... while browsing movies - in mrmc - apple tv is faster than those amlogic boxes or nvidia shield (i bought a shield and sold it because it was really slow for my needs)
Shield is pretty fast for me, as is the AppleTV 4K. Any faster you need desktop iron
solamnic wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 20:59 4) From what i ve read HD Audio is passed as PCM in the receiver. This means that the quality of the audio is reduced compared to passthrough?
Some opinions would differ, If the audio is decoded right, you will not be able to tell the difference. Seems quite similar compared to Shield.
solamnic

Post by solamnic »

Python support is going to be implemented in the next release?

Thank you for your answers
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

solamnic wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 08:32 Python support is going to be implemented in the next release?

Thank you for your answers
Yes
solamnic

Post by solamnic »

PRO :) :mrgreen:
DerTomcraft

Post by DerTomcraft »

With little adjustments it works as good as Kodi....so it works Great with MrMC...tried LightVersion first than bought the Full Version today....works Great with ATV 4K...needs a bit adjustment but in case of questions.... just Post it here as i did today...now i can start filling the library...