1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

"Search" don't work using MrMC skin

Any issues that are tvOS specific
RewNex

"Search" don't work using MrMC skin

Post by RewNex »

Using MrMC skin the search always shows No file found.

Searching for the same items using Opacity skin do work.

I prefer MrMC skins so it would be nice if I could get this to work.

I do use MrMC as a Plex client if it helps solving this.
steve1977

Re: "Search" don't work using MrMC skin

Post by steve1977 »

"Search" does work for me in MrMC skin for tvOS. How are you using search (in movie menu, rider on the left)?

Where do you find "search" in Opacity skin? I cannot find this feature.
RewNex

Post by RewNex »

steve1977 wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 11:51 "Search" does work for me in MrMC skin for tvOS. How are you using search (in movie menu, rider on the left)?

Where do you find "search" in Opacity skin? I cannot find this feature.
When I'm in the movie library listing all movies I go to the left a slider comes out and there is search under misc. option and it is the exact same place in Opacity skin

Just tried again to be sure with and easy Terminator search the MrMC skin result in "No file found", Opacity skin found all my 5 Terminator movies.

I'm curious to know how you can search in MrMC skin and I can't?
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

Implementation in MrMC and Opacity appears to be quite different for me.

Opacity does not show "search" in the rider, but "filter", which gives me many options. But yes, you can basically use it as a "search" feature. However, selecting "filter" takes quite some time for the filter box to show up.

With MrMC, selecting `"search" immediately brings up the search box. So, somehow the MrMC implementation is different / faster from Opacity.

Another difference is that MrMC search searches not only in movies, but also for TV show episodes.

I tried Terminator search/filter for both. Opacity filter gives me a list of 5 Terminator movies. MrMC search gives me 5 movies, 2 episodes, 8 episode plots, and 9 movie plots.

To describe how I search in MrMC skin: go to movie library, click left to get rider, select search, type terminator, click ok, view search results.
RewNex

Post by RewNex »

Okay I didn't noticed a filter option I see it now and it did work in MrMC skin I'm just used to go to search when I want to find something.

But it didn't search across libraries only movies I guess it has something to with I use MrMC as a client with PMS.

Now what I don't understand is why the exact same search tab not filter do work in Opacity and not MrMC skin.

Opacity do show search but not filter :D only MrMC has the filter option, I didn't noticed any waiting time between the to.

Using it as a Plex client could be improved for sure, what I like so much about MrMC is the subtitles they are beautiful and works perfect with HDR content, not to bright.

steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

your opacity skin also shows “search”? mine doesn’t, but only shows “filter”.

maybe it’s because i’m working with mysql and you with plex server?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk