1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Logitech Harmony Hub - Extra Commands

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Zodler

Logitech Harmony Hub - Extra Commands

Post by Zodler »

I have a Harmony Hub and I would like to know if it is possible to assign a key to turn on or off the subtitle. Or assign one key to cycle subtitles.

So the basic commands work but I want to add some extra commands. I followed this:
https://support.myharmony.com/en-in/har ... -with-kodi

Added Apple - Kodi in Logitech app. Connected my Logitech Harmony Hub via bluetooth to Apple TV.

The extra commands in Logitech app doesn't work. What should I do to add, map extra commands?

By the way, I have the official Kodi remote on my iphone and it works with MrMC but that communicates through http.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Logitech Harmony Hub - Extra Commands

Post by amet »

Not much you can do for appletv, we rely on Apple for remote input and Apple has only allowed so many buttons.

You can sacrifice some of the functions in video playback and set those to disable subtitles, You will need to edit keymap and upload to Appletv for it to work, but no way to add extra buttons
Zodler

Post by Zodler »

Is it possible for you to add keyboard support? If MrMC can support keyboard, we can connect a bluetooth keyboard to Apple TV and if your software could read keyboard strokes that would be great. Like KODI when you press T you can turn on off subtitles.
Zodler

Post by Zodler »

I connected a Bluetooth keyboard to my apple TV. The keys have no effect on MrMC. MrMC does not support keyboards like KODI?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Zodler wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 11:32 I connected a Bluetooth keyboard to my apple TV. The keys have no effect on MrMC. MrMC does not support keyboards like KODI?
Are you saying that Kodi running on the AppleTV supports bluetooth keyboards ?
Zodler

Post by Zodler »

There is of course no Kodi for Apple TV, why are you saying that? If there was Kodi I would have installed Kodi.

It would be great if MrMC could respond to keyboard. I have no idea if it's easy or feasible, I just suppose it shouldn't be impossible. Kodi responds to keyboard and you can add many extra remote control buttons with that.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

It would be great but unfortunately, not supported under tvOS. Nothing we can do about it.
Zodler

Post by Zodler »

Ok thanks. Too bad.

Out of curiosity. Is it really that difficult? You can't add keyboard to a TVOS app? There are so many apps where you can type stuff.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Zodler

Post by Zodler »

Yes I know that it works. If you add that feature, your software would be number 1 of all on Apple TV. You will have a great advantage.

I have tried them all, Infuse, Emby Client, Plex Client. Yours is better. Especially that it is based on Kodi. It can also do HDR -> SDR on the fly conversion which made me very impressed. (It's probably Apple TV doing it, but it works in your software and not in the others)

If you also add keyboard support, it will make your software fully controllable and by far above all.