1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Use rgb limited range option works the other way round

Any issues that are tvOS specific
zoltan

Use rgb limited range option works the other way round

Post by zoltan »

Hi, I found that enabling "Use rgb limited color range" in system video preferences I get rgb full range instead (crushed shadows and blown highlights).
MrMC 3.50 on ATV 4K, 1080p SDR, 2K oled LG TV
zoltan

Re: Use rgb limited range option works the other way round

Post by zoltan »

Sorry, is this a bug or I'm doing something wrong?
Thanks.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Which test clips are you using ?
zoltan

Post by zoltan »

AVS HD 709 clips. Black clipping and white clipping. If I enable "use rgb limited color range" I'm able to see <16 and >235 bars blinking. That means I'm using full rgb range.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 18:40 which codec ?

also see https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_levels_and_color_space
good stuff here.

I assume I'm going along the limited>full>limited path since most content is limited, MrMC has "use limited" unchecked in system video settings, and my tv is limited...yet I can see up to 253. But, the nature of my TV is that <17 is black because of the way it dims the LED backlights to try to get black.

Also, have to keep in mind that if we use AVF as decoder (on ATV) the levels settings are moot. So, that would be my suggestion to anybody having problems.
wesk05

Post by wesk05 »

When Kodi's "use limited range" option is enabled, it does the YCbCr->RGB conversion in an odd way (in my opinion). If you test with a test pattern you may be able to see super blacks/whites, but the levels are actually shifted upwards. Black level 16 becomes 30, and black level "0" becomes "16". Similar shift happens with super whites. At least this is what I have seen before. I haven't checked this on the ATV 4K with MrMC.
zoltan

Post by zoltan »

davilla wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 18:40 which codec ?

also see https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_levels_and_color_space
Codec should be h264. I think taht my video content is limited.
My player: MrMC;
My GPU: Apple TV 4K.
My current settings:
Player: Mrmc (use rgb limited disabled) --> GPU: ATV 4K (RGB High, that should actually work as RGB low) --> TV (RBG Low)
So I should be in Full, Limited, Limited case, right? That's why I can't see <16 and >235 on my TV.

When I enable "use rgb limited" option in mrmc then I go to Limited, Limited, Limited case and that's why I can see <16 and >235 but I have wrong video level.

According to kodi wiki you linked, the best solution for me should be to enable "use rgb limited" option in Mrmc (player) and to set RGB Low (that should actually work as RGB high) on ATV (GPU) system video preferences. In that case I'll go into the Limited, Full, Limited case.
Did I understand correctly?
Thank
zoltan

Post by zoltan »

wesk05 wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 19:01 When Kodi's "use limited range" option is enabled, it does the YCbCr->RGB conversion in an odd way (in my opinion). If you test with a test pattern you may be able to see super blacks/whites, but the levels are actually shifted upwards. Black level 16 becomes 30, and black level "0" becomes "16". Similar shift happens with super whites. At least this is what I have seen before. I haven't checked this on the ATV 4K with MrMC.
The same happens to me. I think that this matches the Limited, Limited, Limited case here https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_levels_and_color_space

If I understood correctly, it's due to your GPU working in RGB limited mode.
zoltan

Post by zoltan »

Which is the difference between:
1) "Disable limited to full video rescalng" option in settings>video>acceleration and ...
2) "Use limited color range (16-235)" option in settings>system>video output?

And how do they interact with TvOS settings RGB high or low?

What is the contribution of each of these settings to the final output?
I'm going crazy to find the combination with no scaling.

Thanks