1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Use rgb limited range option works the other way round

Any issues that are tvOS specific
zoltan

Re: Use rgb limited range option works the other way round

Post by zoltan » 07 Mar 2018, 17:07

cosmoxl wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 17:02

I disable VTB since AVF, for me, outputs proper levels. I haven't tried your test of raising brightness to see if blacker than black is really there. But, whiter than white is there for me. I use ycbcr in tvOS settings.
Thank you, I will try disabling VTB.
I will report here.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 08 Mar 2018, 23:31

zoltan wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 17:07
cosmoxl wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 17:02

I disable VTB since AVF, for me, outputs proper levels. I haven't tried your test of raising brightness to see if blacker than black is really there. But, whiter than white is there for me. I use ycbcr in tvOS settings.
Thank you, I will try disabling VTB.
I will report here.
So what's the verdict?

zoltan

Post by zoltan » 09 Mar 2018, 08:26

Hello, I tried yesterday with your setup and VTB disabled. Now I can see also black levels from 12 to 16 and white up to 252.

If I enable VTB , blacker than black and whiter than white levels are totally clipped.

I didn't whatch any video content whit this new setup yet. Only test clips for now.

Hufvudet

Post by Hufvudet » 30 Mar 2018, 13:50

Hi!

New to the forum but loving mrmc, especially since the official Plex add on can now be used. One question on this topic, if I disable both VTB and AVF, using no acceleration just software decoding, will the picture quality be as good as using AVF? Will I preserve WTW and BTB?

Since I don’t watch any HDR and hardly any 4K I don’t need accelerated decoding. Using AVF with h264 is just to jerky in my experience. And I don’t want to compromise using VTB with the contrast fix. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. Thanks!

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 30 Mar 2018, 14:07

Hufvudet wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 13:50
Hi!

New to the forum but loving mrmc, especially since the official Plex add on can now be used. One question on this topic, if I disable both VTB and AVF, using no acceleration just software decoding, will the picture quality be as good as using AVF? Will I preserve WTW and BTB?

Since I don’t watch any HDR and hardly any 4K I don’t need accelerated decoding. Using AVF with h264 is just to jerky in my experience. And I don’t want to compromise using VTB with the contrast fix. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. Thanks!
Using just software decoding (ffmpeg) has the same clipping as VTB in my experience. According to wesk, VTB is still accurate, just clipped. At his recommendation I've actually stopped adjusting contrast because it's true that content won't have anything above 235 anyway and adjusting contrast is technically destructive. I'd go ahead and just use VTB if you're getting some playback problems with AVF.

I've only seen playback problems of h264 with AVF after a skip or long pause. What are you seeing?

Hufvudet

Post by Hufvudet » 30 Mar 2018, 14:19

Thanks for the reply!

Problems with AVF and h264 are the ones you mention but also frame drops in every other movie even if I don’t skip. It’s just distracting and random.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 30 Mar 2018, 14:25

Hufvudet wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 14:19
Thanks for the reply!

Problems with AVF and h264 are the ones you mention but also frame drops in every other movie even if I don’t skip. It’s just distracting and random.
But VTB doesn't have the frame drops?

Hufvudet

Post by Hufvudet » 30 Mar 2018, 14:30

Nope, it’s perfect. But now I know that it clips whites I just can’t stop thinking about it :) I’m coming from a NUC so image quality is really important.

Hufvudet

Post by Hufvudet » 30 Mar 2018, 15:00

But apart from the clipping, there shouldn’t be any quality difference between VTB and AVF? Is that correct? If we leave HDR out of it.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 30 Mar 2018, 15:01

Hufvudet wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 14:30
Nope, it’s perfect. But now I know that it clips whites I just can’t stop thinking about it :) I’m coming from a NUC so image quality is really important.
It clips whiter than white. I see up to 235 with it. same as my win10 laptop with intel GPU which I assume would be like a NUC.