1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Disable subtitles with Harmony remote with v3.5?

Any issues that are tvOS specific
fhall1

Disable subtitles with Harmony remote with v3.5?

Post by fhall1 » 19 Feb 2018, 13:02

This will be a pretty specific issue I’d guess, but it’s something that popped up for me after the 3.5 update.

I use a Logitech Harmony 700 remote with my home theater to control everything, including my ATV4.

I use MrMC - v3.5 with Amber skin.

Fairly often (say 33% of the time) I will get video files (movies or TV episodes) that for some reason, have subtitles that MrMC enables by default. Like I said, not all the time, but often enough.

Prior to v3.5 the process I would use to disable subtitles (once I saw them appearing) was to hit the “pause” on the Harmony, then hit the “OK” button. This used to bring up a smaller horizontal menu on top of the “paused timeline bar” at the bottom of the screen. I forget what all the little icons were, but one was a speaker. Selecting that speaker (using the up arrow, then left or right arrows on the Harmony) would then bring up a text menu with 4 items to choose from, the last one being to toggle subtitles on or off. With the Harmony I would go to that toggle using the up or down arrows, then hit the OK button to toggle enabled to off.

Then I would hit the “Menu” key on the Harmony to dismiss the small menu on top of the timeline bar, then hit Play on the Harmony to continue the movie/show.

Sounds like a lot, but it’s pretty quick once you’ve done it a few times.

However, since v3.5 of MrMC, I can pause the video, but hitting OK on the remote just starts it playing again…no submenu appears near the timeline bar (which is now at the top of the screen with the little picture of the screen at the pause point - instead of the bottom of the screen prior to v3.5).

So I guess my question is - is there a new way to get to that submenu that allows subtitles to be disabled while playing a video using a Harmony remote? Or is there a better way to do what I’m trying to do (outside of using the Apple remote)?

amet
Team MrMC

Re: Disable subtitles with Harmony remote with v3.5?

Post by amet » 19 Feb 2018, 14:53

if you pause the playback, and click down on harmony remote you should get a popup on top that has "subtitles" and "settings", go to subtitles and disable it

check the bottom of the wiki page

https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php?title=Siri_remote

fhall1

Re: Disable subtitles with Harmony remote with v3.5?

Post by fhall1 » 20 Feb 2018, 10:31

Thank you @amet - that did the trick - and it's much less convoluted than my old procedure. Thanks for pointing out the wiki page too.