1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Skipping ahead problems since 3.50

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Errive

Skipping ahead problems since 3.50

Post by Errive » 17 Feb 2018, 08:58

Hello!

Since the latest update (which was pushed to my device via the brilliant "auto update of apps"-feature) MrMc is behaving a little oddly.

I am using a Logitech Harmony remote, which emulates the Apple IR-dito, and everything has worked really great up until now. In the latest version of the app skipping ahead/back in videos is not working as intended. Instead of the usual +10,30,60sec upon consecutive presses it now registers one button press as two, and for some reason starts at 30. In essence, after pressing the "skip ahead" button ONCE the app jumps 1 min ahead (flashes +30 and then +01.00min), and on back it goes 20 seconds (flashes -10 and then -20sec). Very annoying when you want to relive that short lewd moment.

Any suggestions as to why this happens? Am on latest TVos, and have the "expert SIRI"-option enabled (otherwise the IR remote is useless)

cosmoxl

Re: Skipping ahead problems since 3.50

Post by cosmoxl » 17 Feb 2018, 14:33

The defaults were changed to what is considered more sensible for beginning users (along with handling with the siri remote, which you didn't notice because you're not using it). In settings>video>playback>skip steps you can edit to what you prefer.

Errive

Post by Errive » 02 Mar 2018, 10:12

That would make sense, and I do understand that much of the work has gone into adjusting and optimizing to the apple remote.

And would you look at that, a whole list of options I for some reason never found (I don't know how I missed the "advanced level"-toggle...

However the problem of keypresses registrering as double still remains. When skip step is set to +10 the video jumps ahead 20 seconds. It does not matter if I change the delay, it still registers two keypresses at the same time. No other app does this, and the behaviour only started after the lastest update.

timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 » 02 Mar 2018, 11:27

I don't have that issue with my Harmony. I use it all the time, too, and I have the time set to just 30 sec forward and 10 sec back. In settings I have 'Enable Siri expert mode' disabled, so it might be something there that the devs can look at. Why do you think having that disabled makes the Harmony useless?

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 02 Mar 2018, 16:30

I see it, let me check why that is... thx for finding it

EDIT: found fixed it, only an issue in expert mode

Errive

Post by Errive » 10 Apr 2018, 08:08

Oh how nice!

Thanks for your time, really good app in general! :)