1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Movies start playing at random times.

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Gizmo5000

Movies start playing at random times.

Post by Gizmo5000 » 04 Feb 2018, 00:30

Hi,
I am new to this site and MrMC, but am a long time Kodi user. Long story short, when I start a movie, it starts playing at a random place. It never starts at the begging. It briefly flashes seeking and then starts. It might be 10:00 in exactly or some other random place. I am using the newest version of MrMc and the newest Apple firmware 11.2.5 I believe. The movies are shared through SMB. I have no issues with the any of this on Kodi on a FireTv plugged into the same tv, using the same network shares. Any Ideas? I tried the search, but came up empty.

Thanks,
Pat

cosmoxl

Re: Movies start playing at random times.

Post by cosmoxl » 04 Feb 2018, 00:52

Gizmo5000 wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 00:30
Hi,
I am new to this site and MrMC, but am a long time Kodi user. Long story short, when I start a movie, it starts playing at a random place. It never starts at the begging. It briefly flashes seeking and then starts. It might be 10:00 in exactly or some other random place. I am using the newest version of MrMc and the newest Apple firmware 11.2.5 I believe. The movies are shared through SMB. I have no issues with the any of this on Kodi on a FireTv plugged into the same tv, using the same network shares. Any Ideas? I tried the search, but came up empty.

Thanks,
Pat
https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=373 You'll probably need to share a log of this. Are you using the remote that came with the apple tv?

Gizmo5000

Post by Gizmo5000 » 04 Feb 2018, 01:13

I will try the log. Here is what's strange. I was going to uninstall MrMC and reinstall. When I go to the apps in the AppleTv 4k, MrMC isn't listed. Is that normal? Also to go along with my original problem...subtitles refused to stay disable. Everytime I start a new movie they come back. I'm starting to think I have a corrupted install somehow. Also, yes I am using the original 4k remote.

Thanks again,
Pat

Gizmo5000

Post by Gizmo5000 » 04 Feb 2018, 02:42

So I did a factory reset. That didn't help, but what I figured out is this definitely has something to do with the Match Content settings in the AppleTv. When either or both is on...the movie starts playing back at random times. I used these settings from a user on here. Thank You(timstephens24)

Apple TV settings:
Video and Audio -> Match Content -> Match Dynamic Range = On
Video and Audio -> Match Content -> Match Frame Rate = On

MrMC settings:
Video -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate = Always
Video -> Acceleration -> Allow hardware acceleration - VideoToolbox = Checked
Video -> Acceleration -> - Use VideoToolBox for 4K HEVC HDR content = Unchecked
Video -> Acceleration -> Allow hardware acceleration - AVFoundation = Checked

When the movie starts at a random time, If I rewind it to the begging with these setting applied it plays back flawlessly. No drops, sparkles, or sputters in beautiful 4K.
If I turn the Match Content settings off on the AppleTV...movies start at the beginning and play just fine but without HDR. It doesn't seem to matter what resolution I set on the AppleTV, it changes nothing.
Sorry for being so long winded.
Thanks again,
Pat

Gizmo5000

Post by Gizmo5000 » 04 Feb 2018, 04:25

Here is the debug log that was requested
https://pastebin.com/xtv0mvr9

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 04 Feb 2018, 15:15

Code: Select all

21:56:59 T:6098890752   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogSeekBar.xml) ------
21:57:00 T:6096023552   DEBUG: SeekTime - seek ended up on time 756172 (ms)
This was a commanded seek. My guess, you are somehow up tapping and doing a big seek right after play starts.

See viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1501 , the entire focus handling has been re-written for the next version.

Gizmo5000

Post by Gizmo5000 » 04 Feb 2018, 18:02

Yes, It seems like that is what is happening. Im only pressing start once though, just one click. If I exit out after a movie starts at a random time and then resume the movie "from the beginning"...it still seeks to some random time. The random time is the same and is file specific. On one movie it will flicker, say seeking on top, and then start at 10:00 minutes in. Another movie might start 3:00 minutes in and continue to do so no matter what I do.

Here is the part that could maybe tell you something:
If I change Video -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate = Always and set it to never instead...the behavior completely goes away. All files start at the beginning and play normally, but the tv won't switch to HDR.

My TV is a newish Samsung ks8000 with HDMI UHD color set to on fwiw and the AppleTv is connected directly to it.
Thank you for looking into this.

Gizmo5000

Post by Gizmo5000 » 03 Mar 2018, 03:00

Hi, After much screwing around it seems this problem has something to do with the ARC on my Samsung ks8000 series tv. I finally got a 4k receiver and when the ATV is plugged directly into it, no problems. Frame rate adjustment, HDR switching and the whole 9 yards work beautifully.

However no combination of any kind will make ATV to Samsung TV to Receiver(ARC) work with MrMC. It works fine with all the other ATV apps I tried. I did everything I could think of to solve this problem. Tons of testing and rebooting, switching, etc.... New cables and every combo of settings there is. Not much to adjust on the ARC of the Samsung TV...just Bitstream or PCM...latest firmware.

I suspect my TV for some reason doesn't like the way MrMC is changing the frame rates "on the fly" and this is resulting in weird HDMI handshake issues between my components. Love MrMC...it's awesome. Hope this maybe helps someone in the future