1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Audio and video Sync problems

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Wombater

Audio and video Sync problems

Post by Wombater »

Hello
my configuration is as follows:
ATV 4K --> HDMI --> Sony KD-55XE9005 ---> TOSLINK Fibre Optics cable ---> Amplifier - Speakers

The videos I want to play are mostly recordings from the satellite TV which and are 1280 x 720 / 50 Hz H.264 and the audio is AC3, 44100 Hz, Stereo (L R).

The Sony is connected to ATV4 via HDMI port 2 and HDR is enabled at the Sony. ATV is set to 4K HDR 50 Hz.

All Video of iTunes Videos is fine. Amazon prime videos (either 4K or HD) are fine.

MRMC is settings are standard (no special settings) but video is jerky and audio is delayed and not longer synchronized with the video when playing the videos from the NAS (via an SMB share)coded in 720P 50 Hz as described above.

I also have a ATV 4 (without K) and this works wonderful without any problems in the same configuration as described above. Simply replace the ATV 4K with ATV 4 and everything works fine.

I tried several things in the settings for video and audio but nothing solved it.

Maybe someone here has a good idea or suggestion what I can try to overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.
eazytv

Re: Audio and video Sync problems

Post by eazytv »

Hey Aussie ;-) (suppose you live in AU judging by your nickname :-) )

While I do not understand your set-up and connections entirely I would connect the devices over your amp (ATV4/k -> Amp -> TV). This would eliminate delay issues right from the start. Anyway, this does not yet answer the question why the ATV 4k does have issues while the ATV4 does not. Do you use the same ports (HDMI, Toslink etc.) for the ATV4k as for the ATV4? You sure you are not upscaling the original content from your NAS to some HDR? Not sure if this might cause the judder as I am not on HDR yet.

I assume you have compared all the settings within the ATV4 and adjusted the ATV4k settings accordingly?

And one another root which might cause the problem: IP Configuration. Are the ATVs set to manual IP or DHCP? You might have issues with the 2 ATVs if set to manual IP (with the same IP) and while both ATVs are on the network at the same time.

However, I would initially focus on upscale settings. Are you on test flight? I remember the MrMC team working on the 4k specific settings since the 4k was released. You might want to apply for test flight participation in a first instance. Problems might be solved right away if the most recent beta version is installed.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Hi,

debuglog would maybe show us what the issue is
Wombater

Post by Wombater »

Thank you all for the first answers.

First of all, the nickname is expressing that I like the 5th continent very much, but I'm living on the other side of the earth in the (at the present season) dark and grey Germany!

Regarding the problem with audio and video sync I found that it is related to some video files, not to all. Therefore I will first check what are the differences between files working perfectly and files having problems. I will then prepare a debug file also (Thanks for the hint).

Please allow me some time for that. I have to do this in the evenings.
costaud

Post by costaud »

Hello,
I tested 4K files today, and I have a delay with audio ( 0.250s), if I test the same file with infuse, no issue.
I will do more test tomorrow and will post debug file if needed.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

costaud wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 22:00 Hello,
I tested 4K files today, and I have a delay with audio ( 0.250s), if I test the same file with infuse, no issue.
A fixed delay is easy to deal with. When playing a video, bring up the OSD, then a/v setting for audio. Set the a/v offset then scroll down to the bottom, set for all. Now everything will use that delay.
costaud

Post by costaud »

davilla wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 01:24
A fixed delay is easy to deal with. When playing a video, bring up the OSD, then a/v setting for audio. Set the a/v offset then scroll down to the bottom, set for all. Now everything will use that delay.
Yes I know that ;)
But why I have this delay with MrMc an not with infuse ? that is the question ;)
Then if this delay is for all 4K files played, no problem to fix that with the pop up menu and settings which can be save for all contents, but if it's for few files, I would like to know why ;)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

costaud wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 09:17
Yes I know that ;)
But why I have this delay with MrMc an not with infuse ? that is the question ;)
Then if this delay is for all 4K files played, no problem to fix that with the pop up menu and settings which can be save for all contents, but if it's for few files, I would like to know why ;)
SO would I but without direct access to those files, we can't investigate.
costaud

Post by costaud »

davilla wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 12:06
costaud wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 09:17

Yes I know that ;)
SO would I but without direct access to those files, we can't investigate.
Don't worry about that, If I don't find a solution I will give you a sample ;)
costaud

Post by costaud »

Well, after more test, It seems that all files have this problem since I connected the AT4K to my ONKYO amplifier.
So I selected -250ms on it and now everything is fine ;)