1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

New to Apple TV 4K & MrMC. Help needed.

Any issues that are tvOS specific
SUPERBIF

New to Apple TV 4K & MrMC. Help needed.

Post by SUPERBIF » 18 Jan 2018, 14:11

Hi first post here, so hope these questions have not been answered before. I have just purchased Apple TV 4k and MrMC. I originally come from Nvidia Shield and Android. My questions are:

1. I can't get OpenSubtitles.org to work. I have entered my credentials, but it searches for a long time and writes no subtitles found. With Pod... it finds subtitles but not in my language only English. How can I get Opensubtitles.org to work?

2. I have a Harmony Companion multiremote I would like to map, but normally I used Keymap editor but no addons is allowed I can understand. How can I create keymap.xml and get it transferred to Apple TV 4k? I read there was a file manager, but I can't find it on Apple TV 4k. I can find customcontroller.SiriRemote.xml but not how to transfer it or to where.

3. Will it be somehow possible to show number of votes in video information, it doesn't do that with standard skin?

4. Would it be possible to add Netflix/Youtube etc. as an favorite shortcut in MrMC?

5. Lastly how can I apply the best settings for scaling/YADIF when playing video? It doesn't show YADIF in deinterlacing options and in scaling I can only choose Bilinear/Nearest Neighbour, and Biliniear is default.

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: New to Apple TV 4K & MrMC. Help needed.

Post by davilla » 18 Jan 2018, 14:42

1) Are you in Denmark ? OpenSubtitles.org was recently banned there, the work around is to use .8.8.8.8 for DNS lookups.

2)Settings, left click to slide out panel, at bottom is File Manager. Opacity skin.

3) I don't think any skin support number of votes.

4) Not at current time. Netflix/Youtube support is planned for a future version.

5) YADIF is called "Deinterlace" in MrMC. Leave scaling to default bilinear, the AppleTV4/4K does a fantastic job handling upscaling.

SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF » 18 Jan 2018, 19:38

Hi davilla. Many thanks for the replies. I will try them out soon. Wow yes im in Denmark didn't know Opensubtitles.org was banned now. Very suprised by this.

One more question. I'm using Plex for MrMC but it won't allow me to load external srt. Only embedded are working unless i manually browse to the srt after video starts. How can i fix that?

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 18 Jan 2018, 19:52

is srt in the same folder as plex movie?

see here for more -> https://support.plex.tv/articles/200471 ... our-media/

SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF » 18 Jan 2018, 19:53

It's in the same folder and with the same name.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 18 Jan 2018, 19:59

lets see the debuglog while you are trying one of the movies with external subtitles.

most of my movies are with external subs and Plex handles them without any issues...

EDIT: plex does specify that it should include [Language_Code] -> Movie_Name (Release Date).[Language_Code].ext

SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF » 18 Jan 2018, 20:07

Okay i will try to check the naming perhaps it could be there the fault is. I will give debuglog if that's not the fault. Thanks for the quick replies!

SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF » 18 Jan 2018, 20:50

I just tried to download a subtitle. It works when playing the video but after restarting the video the subtitle Disappeared. I can see it doesn't get saved in the folder like it normally does.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 18 Jan 2018, 20:57

SUPERBIF wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 20:50
I just tried to download a subtitle. It works when playing the video but after restarting the video the subtitle Disappeared. I can see it doesn't get saved in the folder like it normally does.
always been this way for me. I just figured it was a rights issue.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 18 Jan 2018, 21:24

if its a plex service, we create temporary srt file that gets loaded for the movie.

if its a network folder, and permissions are set correctly we can save the downloaded subtitle next to the movie.