1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Problems with audio controls during music playback

Any issues that are tvOS specific
chris_germany

Problems with audio controls during music playback

Post by chris_germany »

Hi,

i gave MrMc access to my music library on my NAS and encountered several issues with getting the controls visible and with skipping within a song. It looks like MrMc behaves differently during music playback as with video playback.
I control MrMc with the Siri Remote.

My issues are

1. Wenn a song is played the controls vanish after a few seconds. To bring the progress bar back on I expected to just press the Siri pad. during video playback this works but with music playback the song pauses and no controls are displayed. To get the controls back on screen I need to press menu , swipe to open the left sidebar and have to select the controls in the sidebar to get the progress /Skip bar back on screen. What am I missing here? It sure cannot be that complicated.

2. When the skip bar is displayed forward skip does not work. To do that I use left and right tap controls on Siri Remote. Instead the next song is played. In Movie mode this works perfectly to skip forward based on the skip controls defined in the settings.

Without getting the cover and the skip bar reappearing on screen and without fast forward within a song I cannot use music in MrMC

I am sure that I am missing something here. Any advice is highly appreciated

regards
Chris
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Problems with audio controls during music playback

Post by davilla »

chris_germany wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 16:51 Hi,

i gave MrMc access to my music library on my NAS and encountered several issues with getting the controls visible and with skipping within a song. It looks like MrMc behaves differently during music playback as with video playback.
I control MrMc with the Siri Remote.

My issues are

1. Wenn a song is played the controls vanish after a few seconds. To bring the progress bar back on I expected to just press the Siri pad. during video playback this works but with music playback the song pauses and no controls are displayed. To get the controls back on screen I need to press menu , swipe to open the left sidebar and have to select the controls in the sidebar to get the progress /Skip bar back on screen. What am I missing here? It sure cannot be that complicated.

2. When the skip bar is displayed forward skip does not work. To do that I use left and right tap controls on Siri Remote. Instead the next song is played. In Movie mode this works perfectly to skip forward based on the skip controls defined in the settings.

Without getting the cover and the skip bar reappearing on screen and without fast forward within a song I cannot use music in MrMC

I am sure that I am missing something here. Any advice is highly appreciated

regards
Chris
which skin ?
chris_germany

Post by chris_germany »

I tried this with both Opacity an Original MrMC skin
chris_germany

Post by chris_germany »

Additional Info,

I used the 3.4.1 beta. I tried it with 3.4.1 (171229.1503) and 3.4.1(180113.2009)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

so you are saying that 3.4.1 is not working?

if thats the case, could we please keep all TestFlight related issues in TF thread -> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1501
chris_germany

Post by chris_germany »

I doubt that this is a beta issue. But I am of course not sure.
I will revert to 3.4.0 and test again.
If this is a beta issue I will certainly switch the thread.

To be honest I forgot that I was on the beta. Sorry about that.

regards
Christoph
chris_germany

Post by chris_germany »

I just verified that the described problem is also occurring in 3.4.0. stable. So This is not a beta release issue.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

select hold to bring up music OSD, yea. it's different from video. historical reasons why.
chris_germany

Post by chris_germany »

Thanks for clarification,

Still the left and right tab to skip within the song doesn't work. What is the concept in "Music" to fast forward within a song?

I of course compare this with the controls I use while playing a song in Apple Music. It should be at least similar in my opinion. Because users will have to handle both.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

FF and REW is done using >> and << in OSD

We are working on making it more like appletv player is