1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Forced ASS subtitles not showing  [SOLVED]

Any issues that are tvOS specific
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Forced ASS subtitles not showing

Post by amet »

timstephens24 wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 19:49 I just uploaded the latest one I did and sent it to [email protected].
this is only in plex? right?

EDIT: working just fine in MrMC database... will test plex in the morning, Qnap is rebuilding raid and all services are off until thats done... including plex server
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

No, I'm not using Plex I'm using Ariana. What are your settings? Like this it doesn't work:

Settings -> Video -> Playback -> Preferred audio language = English
Settings -> Video -> Subtitles -> Preferred subtitle language = Forced only

The settings below work, but I don't want it like this because then I get subtitles when I don't want them (I only want forced subs since I manually set the forced for movies and TV shows for non-English parts)

Settings -> Video -> Playback -> Preferred audio language = English
Settings -> Video -> Subtitles -> Preferred subtitle language = Original stream's language
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

ok, with forced only it doesnt work... what I have done is this... if its forced only, and has forced sub thats default sub at the same time, it will get enabled.

Code: Select all

if (onlyforced)
    {
      if ((ss.flags & CDemuxStream::FLAG_FORCED) &&
          (g_LangCodeExpander.CompareISO639Codes(ss.language, audiolang) || (ss.flags & CDemuxStream::FLAG_DEFAULT)))
        return false;
      else
        return true;
    }

it does work however when I select the subtitle in the top bar, odd that it doesnt work for you. debuglog maybe?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

amet wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 04:10 if its forced only, and has forced sub thats default sub at the same time, it will get enabled.
Awesome, thanks.
amet wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 04:10 it does work however when I select the subtitle in the top bar, odd that it doesnt work for you. debuglog maybe?
Maybe I confused it when I was trying to extract the ass embedded subtitle to an external forced srt file next to it (and then subsequently removed), because it's showing two subtitle tracks when I swipe down. I'll reset everything and that should fix it.
timstephens24

Re: Forced ASS subtitles not showing  [SOLVED]

Post by timstephens24 »

Just to circle around, it's working in the most recent TestFlight for iOS and tvOS. Thanks again for fixing this.