1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Issues playing ISO files

Any issues that are tvOS specific
eazytv

Issues playing ISO files

Post by eazytv » 26 Dec 2017, 11:10

Hi there

I recently upgraded from the ATV4 to the 4k. My librabry is on a QNAP NAS and are accessed via NFS. My favs are stored as ISOs - for example: LOTR as a 2-disc ISO.

The streucture on the NAS is as follows:

MOVIE FOLDER
- Der.Herr.der.Ringe.Die.Gefaehrten.(2001)
-- Die.Gefaehrten.(2001).CD1.iso
-- Die.Gefaehrten.(2001).CD2.iso

It looks like the media info are properly scraped. The movies appears one single time. However, I cannot make it work to play the 2nd ISO. The movie just ends at the end of disc1 going back to the library view.

I exactly know that this movie/these files worked previously.

Anybody an idea how to solve this issue?

KR
eazy

edit: Forgot - I am on the most recent TF build.

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Issues playing ISO files

Post by davilla » 27 Dec 2017, 00:13

previously, as in MrMC on our AppleTV4 ?

debuglog

eazytv

Post by eazytv » 27 Dec 2017, 07:40

To be honest, I am not sure any longer, davilla. I connected my ATV4 and got the same issue there. Therefore, I cannot provide a debuglog from the ATV4. So I wonder if I have played the ISOs previously with a side-loaded version of KODI. Or did the error occur when I build the SQL database? I have used the ATV4 with a local database instead of a SQL set-up previously. Hm, I cannot remember. :oops:

All I know is that I am able to play the first disc only of all of my 2-ISO movies. There is no way to switch to the second disc (connect movies consisting of multiple files is disabled, however, I tried with the enabled option as well). Does it make a difference if I scraped the files with the option enabled when I set up the SQL database?

Is it possible that the SQL database is messed up? Better delete the database and build it up from scratch on? Would be good to know that such ISO files (movies on 2 discs) can be properly played.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 27 Dec 2017, 13:33

Local or remote database should not matter. But details do :) From your description, it's not clear if you were successful playing via Kodi or a previous version of MrMC. So lets forget about what worked before and concentrate on the here and now. The AppleTV 4K has a much more powerful CPU than the older AppleTV 4, so CPU is not the issue.

We are slightly behind Kodi v17 with respect to libbluray, slightly ahead with respect to libdvd. Both deal with different flavors of ISO containers. Not sure which to look at without a debuglog.

Need to see a debuglog, showing the attempt to play the ISO's.

eazytv

Post by eazytv » 28 Dec 2017, 05:45

Hi davilla

Thanks for your patience. I meanwhile asked in a Kodi support forum how to stack ISO files. First answer was "not possible", the second answer is promising but I need to work on details. Not quite sure yet if the idea somebody had will pay out.

In any way, I will report back here. Might be that I need to show both ISO files within MrMC so I can click (and play) each individual file.

Keep you posted
eazy