1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

dolby vision

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Post Reply
Bjokam
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Feb 2016, 07:38

dolby vision

Post by Bjokam » 30 Nov 2017, 13:12

Tried to search but couldnt find the info , is dolby vision supported ?

Demdream
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 07:10

Re: dolby vision

Post by Demdream » 30 Nov 2017, 13:36

Not yet supported by Apple TV, so....


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Bjokam
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Feb 2016, 07:38

Re: dolby vision

Post by Bjokam » 30 Nov 2017, 14:33

ofc i´t does , my questions is if mrmc support it or if the support for HDR is enough to make dolby vision work to. I have a nvidia shield today and that dont work with DV but if mrmc works then i will sell my shield and get a 4K apple tv :)


About 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision on your Apple TV 4K
Learn how to set up your Apple TV 4K for the best 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision experience.

Apple TV 4K is built to take full advantage of 4K HDR to deliver an amazing experience that makes it incredibly easy to enjoy TV in the highest quality ever. Apple TV 4K supports the following 4K display formats:
4K Standard Dynamic Range (SDR): Used for 4K televisions that don’t support HDR10 or Dolby Vision.
4K High Dynamic Range (HDR): Used for 4K televisions that support HDR to display video with a broader range of colors and luminance.
4K Dolby Vision: Used for 4K televisions that support Dolby Vision HDR to display video with a broader range of colors and luminance optimized for your television.
https://support.apple.com/hr-hr/HT208074

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 2463
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: dolby vision

Post by davilla » 30 Nov 2017, 19:04

Bjokam wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 14:33
ofc i´t does , my questions is if mrmc support it or if the support for HDR is enough to make dolby vision work to. I have a nvidia shield today and that dont work with DV but if mrmc works then i will sell my shield and get a 4K apple tv :)


About 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision on your Apple TV 4K
Learn how to set up your Apple TV 4K for the best 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision experience.

Apple TV 4K is built to take full advantage of 4K HDR to deliver an amazing experience that makes it incredibly easy to enjoy TV in the highest quality ever. Apple TV 4K supports the following 4K display formats:
4K Standard Dynamic Range (SDR): Used for 4K televisions that don’t support HDR10 or Dolby Vision.
4K High Dynamic Range (HDR): Used for 4K televisions that support HDR to display video with a broader range of colors and luminance.
4K Dolby Vision: Used for 4K televisions that support Dolby Vision HDR to display video with a broader range of colors and luminance optimized for your television.
https://support.apple.com/hr-hr/HT208074
Apple says the AppleTV 4K does or will support dolby vision. We just have to find someone with a dolby vision capable UHDTV. There might be some teething issues, some of the parameter values we us to switch are currently undocumented and we will be exploring in testflight as we come across issues.

As far as we have seen, there is one issue regarding certain 1080 h246 interlaced content that is triggering HDR when it should not. This again we are looking into why and will resolve it shortly.

User avatar
timstephens24
Posts: 429
Joined: 09 Dec 2015, 22:43

Re: dolby vision

Post by timstephens24 » 30 Nov 2017, 19:11

I have a few TVs that do Dolby Vision, but I haven't found a test file that actually plays in DV, even with it on a thumb drive and directly connected to the TV.

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 2463
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: dolby vision

Post by davilla » 30 Nov 2017, 19:51

timstephens24 wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 19:11
I have a few TVs that do Dolby Vision, but I haven't found a test file that actually plays in DV, even with it on a thumb drive and directly connected to the TV.
you tried these ? http://samples.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bugs/trac/ticket5688/

User avatar
timstephens24
Posts: 429
Joined: 09 Dec 2015, 22:43

Re: dolby vision

Post by timstephens24 » 30 Nov 2017, 22:41

davilla wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 19:51
timstephens24 wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 19:11
I have a few TVs that do Dolby Vision, but I haven't found a test file that actually plays in DV, even with it on a thumb drive and directly connected to the TV.
you tried these ? http://samples.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bugs/trac/ticket5688/
Those trigger Dolby Vision on the TV but only HDR on the Apple TV.

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 2463
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: dolby vision

Post by davilla » 30 Nov 2017, 23:03

timstephens24 wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 22:41
davilla wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 19:51
timstephens24 wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 19:11
I have a few TVs that do Dolby Vision, but I haven't found a test file that actually plays in DV, even with it on a thumb drive and directly connected to the TV.
you tried these ? http://samples.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bugs/trac/ticket5688/
Those trigger Dolby Vision on the TV but only HDR on the Apple TV.
Cool, that gives me something to play with. BTW that xxx.mkv is really a xxx.ts according to mediainfo.

User avatar
timstephens24
Posts: 429
Joined: 09 Dec 2015, 22:43

Re: dolby vision

Post by timstephens24 » 01 Dec 2017, 00:08

Yup, caught that and changed it before I played them.

Bjokam
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Feb 2016, 07:38

Re: dolby vision

Post by Bjokam » 01 Dec 2017, 07:23

Here is a good site with test files for 4K , HDR and dolby vision

http://4kmedia.org/lg-dolby-vision-uhd-4k-demo/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests