1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Passthrough stopped working in tvOS 11.2 b1

Any issues that are tvOS specific
higher

Passthrough stopped working in tvOS 11.2 b1

Post by higher »

I know this is a beta version but after updating to tvOS 11.2 b1 passthrough audio stopped working in MrMC, there's only static noise. It was working before so I suspect something was changed in tvOS. Can a developer confirm this? Thank you!
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Passthrough stopped working in tvOS 11.2 b1

Post by davilla »

not tried tvOS 11.2 yet. on the list for the weekend.
Selest

Post by Selest »

Mine is doing the same...
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Recheck your tvOS audio settings, during last update, they reset loudness reduction to on. It needs to off for any hope of passthrough.
Selest

Post by Selest »

"loud clicks were off as before"

Went back and played a DTS movie and it played fine... (had DTS capable receiver) clicked off..... fixed mine by also turning off "dolby capable receiver" in mrmc. Not sure if that was supposed to be on before??

Seemed to have fixed it.... I am assuming I am getting TrueHD... just showing pcm on my receiver as before
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Selest wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 19:04 "loud clicks were off as before"

Went back and played a DTS movie and it played fine... (had DTS capable receiver) clicked off..... fixed mine by also turning off "dolby capable receiver" in mrmc. Not sure if that was supposed to be on before??

Seemed to have fixed it.... I am assuming I am getting TrueHD... just showing pcm on my receiver as before
how many channels of pcm ? :)
Selest

Post by Selest »

davilla wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 19:10
Selest wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 19:04 "loud clicks were off as before"

how many channels of pcm ? :)

Showing 5.1 for me....

Have a quick side question while your here, is there a way to display res/fps while watching a movie?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

are your MrMC audio channels also set for 5.1 or 7.1 ?

curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ShowCodec","id":1}' http://192.168.2.74:8080/jsonrpc

Your IP of course and websever must be enabled.

To bring up codec debug info. Ignore skips if you are 3.2 and hevc/hdr (using AVFoundation codec). That just means codec info was skipping and not video, as video rendering is completely transparent to GLES for hevc/hdr. This is fixed in v3.3 testflight.
Selest

Post by Selest »

davilla wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 19:39 are your MrMC audio channels also set for 5.1 or 7.1 ?

curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ShowCodec","id":1}' http://192.168.2.74:8080/jsonrpc

Your IP of course and websever must be enabled.

To bring up codec debug info. Ignore skips if you are 3.2 and hevc/hdr (using AVFoundation codec). That just means codec info was skipping and not video, as video rendering is completely transparent to GLES for hevc/hdr. This is fixed in v3.3 testflight.

I have 7.1 enabled in MRMC, but my receiver virtualizes the four rear channels into two, making it 5.1 out of 7.1 so disregard my last post, but checking my receiver info screen is definitely showing me that I am getting 7.1 channels into the reciever from mrmc.

I have to assume that is truehd since standard DD does not display at 7.1 correct?
Selest

Post by Selest »

As a sidenote..

I have tested some remuxed blurays, so far in 15 tested about 5 are glitching in what looks like severe frame dropping... something that wasn't there before when i have tested these files. This is with both "frame matching" turned on or off....