1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Library Bug

Any issues that are tvOS specific
pippel

Library Bug

Post by pippel » 02 Sep 2017, 11:37

Hey to all!

Since version 3.07 or 3.09 of MrMc me and two of my friends have a very specific problem with the database:

When we put new movie files onto our file system, delete files at the same time and then start MrMc, let the library be scanned for new files and thereupon give the command to clean-up the lib via system menu, the following happens:

- The amount of overall movies is wrong, often 80–150 less than in fact.
- After that, we have to re-scan the library again.
- Now younger entries of the last weeks are found again and marked as unwatched. When searching movie titles, those movies are twice in the lib, one of them is broken and nothing happens, wenn clicking on the element.
- But the amount of movies is correct then.

This happens every time when adding and deleting files on the file system and then scanning and cleaning up the library. On three systems (all ATV 4, NAS-system by QNAP). So a log file won't help here, it should be a general bug within MrMc, I guess.

amet
Team MrMC

Re: Library Bug

Post by amet » 02 Sep 2017, 11:58

not sure why you think debuglog wont help?

I have exactly the same system (3 atv4 attached to qnap via smb and shared mysql database) and have no issues whatsoever.

its hard to follow what you are saying, you put new file on the system but you delete it before scanning? then you scan library and clean library after that?

eazytv

Post by eazytv » 03 Sep 2017, 06:01

I suppose him to upload new files to the NAS and deleting OTHER files on the NAS at the same time BEFORE starting MrMC and updating/refreshing the library.

pippel

Post by pippel » 03 Sep 2017, 06:54

Here is an example. Let's say your amount of movies is 100.

1. You're putting 2 new movies on your filesystem and then delete 3 older movies.
2. Now you're starting MrMC and the source folders are scanned. It says 102 movies. Everything OK so far.
3. Now you're cleaning the library for deleting the 3 no longer existing movies from the database. After that there should be 99 movies.
4. Here's the first problem: The clean-up deletes more movies from the database. So now there are e. g. just 85 movies.
5. Now you're restarting MrMC completely. While scanning at startup it will re-add the deleted 14 (85 instead of 99 movies) movies and you'll have 99 movies as amount.
6. But now you can find these 14 movies as doublets if you search for them in MrMC: One doublet is broken and nothing happens, when clicking on the element, the other one works as expected. And if these 14 movies were marked as watched before, they are now unwatched.

This problem occurs only if we insert new movies and deleting movies at the same time on the filesystem before scanning the media source.
If we just insert new movies and let MrMC scan the source all is fine.
Or if we're just deleting old movies from the filesystem and are making a clean-up all is fine too.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 03 Sep 2017, 07:12

ok, so now lets have a look at debuglog with all this happening.

only reason this would happen is if something is not right with your sources, I often do the same exercise and have never seen any issues like that.

do you have multiple sources setup for movies or is it all pulling from one folder?

pippel

Post by pippel » 16 Sep 2017, 10:00

Hi,
still testing…
Source is the same since years. Multimedia/Movies/Genre.
One of us four has NFS connecting, three of us with SMB on NAS
(BTW: What is the best connection type to the QNAP System? NFS or SMB?)
With Kodi on Mac this error doesn't occur!

One friend of mine with the same library got after 3 month offline the same error.
After his journey I've put him about 25 new movies on the NAS and deleted about 55 older movies on the QNAP file system.
He started MrMc with automatic updating the library at startup and the counter says 25 more new movies.
OK so far.

Then, like my description above, he let the database be cleaned up to remove the 55 no longer existing movie files from the database. Counter then should have been 55 lower.
But the counter then has been 90 lower. MrMc "killed" about 40 more movies, which were added or watched only in the last 2-3 month! (Not older added movies are affected!)
After restarting MrMc and scanning on startup it re-add the deleted movies, so the amount is ok again.
But still point 6. from above isn't solved!

Now another "interesting" thing:
If we add only 1-2 new movies and deleting for example only 3 movies on the filesystem, all is ok and there is no error after completing points 3. - 6. from our checklist above!
So our point 1. from the above list is wrong. Problem occurs only by adding and deleting more movies at the same time. I will check how much.

Debuglog is running here, but I didn’t add more than 2 movies so far and deleted not much.
If the error occurs again by adding and deleting more movies i will send it to you.
Next test will be about 3 new movies and deleting 5 older movies in the genre folder on the filesystem at the same time bevor scanning the library. (with MrMc 3.10)

Maybe you can check this theme by yourself by adding 10 new movies and deleting 15 other movies at the same time on the filesystem before scanning the library and then check the points 3. to 6. from the list above.
And again: Problem occurs only since about 2-3 month.

timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 » 16 Sep 2017, 10:12

pippel wrote:
16 Sep 2017, 10:00
NFS is faster and generally preferred.

As for the rest, I couldn't recreate your error with TV or Movies but you need to post a debuglog.

eazytv

Post by eazytv » 17 Sep 2017, 07:04

To be honest, I have never stumbled over such strange behavior either although I perform such steps (adding, deleting, refreshing etc.) quite often the same way.

On the other hand I don't get why pippel is not uploading a debuglog. :roll: Did he answer the question whether using a SQL library? Shouldn't be too much of a hassle to perform the described tasks with a debuglog enabled.

eazytv

Post by eazytv » 17 Sep 2017, 07:05

pippel wrote:
16 Sep 2017, 10:00
On a side-note:
I would prefer NFS as SMB might prevent the HDD from entering sleep-mode.

pippel

Post by pippel » 11 Oct 2017, 10:22

ok, bug is back after 3 weeks running debug log and today deleting 30 movies.
log on the way by mail.