1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC and ATV airplay receiver

Any issues that are tvOS specific
steve1977

MrMC and ATV airplay receiver

Post by steve1977 »

I love using MrMC on my ATV to watch movies. Also, I like to stream videos and audio to ATV.

Unfortunately, I need to close MrMC before I can stream video and audio to my ATV via airplay. Streaming video (when MrMC is open) results in one video being shown, but doesn't play and no audio. Streaming audio does not work at all and I am getting an error message.

Would be great if there is a way that I could stream to my ATV with airplay without the need to close MrMC. Any chance?
zakaron

Re: MrMC and ATV airplay receiver

Post by zakaron »

That is odd because my wife airplays Spotify all the time with no issue. MrMC will be sitting at a menu and she can start the airplay just fine. As far as I know, I have all software up to date on my ATV4. Will it give the same error for any airplay app you try? I do not have any special audio settings in MrMC set either (like passthrough).
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

No problem streaming to atv4 via airplay with MrMC running. Do it all the time to watch PBS Newshour.
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

Good old trick. Restarted itunes, now all working. No idea why it worked when MrMC was closed though. Anyhow, all solved and working now. Thanks for your quick replies.
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

Mmh... Having another issue with ATV airplay receiver (and this time restarted not to avoid same embarassment).

I am playing airplay to my ATV (MrMC closed). Now, I am opening MrMC and typically the airplay stream stops. I have disabled the GUI audio clicks as I thought this may be interferring. It is easy to replicate, but not consistent. Sometimes it works a bit, but then eventually always stops.

Any idea?
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

Quick follow-up. Let me know if you need my help in trouble-shooting this issue? Thanks!
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

Feels bad to push again, but this is really bogging me and preventing me from effectively using airplay in combination with MrMC. Any thought whether this could be addressed?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

steve1977 wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 04:44 Mmh... Having another issue with ATV airplay receiver (and this time restarted not to avoid same embarassment).

I am playing airplay to my ATV (MrMC closed). Now, I am opening MrMC and typically the airplay stream stops. I have disabled the GUI audio clicks as I thought this may be interferring. It is easy to replicate, but not consistent. Sometimes it works a bit, but then eventually always stops.

Any idea?
The problem is that the airplay stream stops when you open MrMC?
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

Thanks. Yes. And/or when browsing through menus once the airplay stream is active. Airplay is streamed to the ATV (not to MrMC native airplay receiver).
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

steve1977 wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 09:43 Thanks. Yes. And/or when browsing through menus once the airplay stream is active. Airplay is streamed to the ATV (not to MrMC native airplay receiver).
Since MrMC is used to play video itself I think this behavior is "working as intended". Once you call up another app which plays audio/video tvOS will background what it was previously doing. I'm curious, why would you open MrMC yet want to keep an Airplay video playing?