1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

SMB support in MrMC?

Any issues that are tvOS specific
houndtt

Re: SMB support in MrMC?

Post by houndtt »

Thanks for your comment however this thread is specifically about SMB2 support in MRMC. I suspect you are connecting to a SMB share with SMB1 which is all the software supports at the moment. Hopefully this will be sorted soon.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

I was sort of wrong :) SMB2 support for the AppleTV4/4K is pending. It should be there on FireOS/Shield. The issue is libdsm does not offer SMB2 support and the libsmbclient version we use under the AppleTV4/4K is GPLv2 licensed. For FireOS/Shield we can use the GPLv3 version of libsmbclient which does have SMB2 support.

The plan is to replace both flavors of libdsm/libsmbclient with a smb solution that handles SMB1, SMB2 and SMB3+. No ETA on that plan as yet. It is a non-trivial task and it is not ready yet.
barong

Post by barong »

davilla wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 14:40 I was sort of wrong :) SMB2 support for the AppleTV4/4K is pending. It should be there on FireOS/Shield. The issue is libdsm does not offer SMB2 support and the libsmbclient version we use under the AppleTV4/4K is GPLv2 licensed. For FireOS/Shield we can use the GPLv3 version of libsmbclient which does have SMB2 support.

The plan is to replace both flavors of libdsm/libsmbclient with a smb solution that handles SMB1, SMB2 and SMB3+. No ETA on that plan as yet. It is a non-trivial task and it is not ready yet.
Thanks for this - I recently had to diasble SMB 1 on my network, so MrMC stopped working.
Looking forward to an update in the future as I am no longer able to use MrMC :(
houndtt

Post by houndtt »

Hey, hope your 2018 is going well... any word on the latest developments with this?
ameibein

Post by ameibein »

Bumping this old thread at W10 seems to have disabled V1 in a recent update, is V2 now supported?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

ameibein wrote: 13 May 2018, 01:06 Bumping this old thread at W10 seems to have disabled V1 in a recent update, is V2 now supported?
TestFlight for v3.7.0 has support for libsmb2 which can handle smb2/smb3 formats.
Phattchoo86

Post by Phattchoo86 »

Just wondering if there's an ETA for SMB2 support? just formatted my windows10 server, and now I can't connect via smb in mrmc :(
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

smb2 support is in the current testflight for v3.7.x
Phattchoo86

Post by Phattchoo86 »

davilla wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 13:33 smb2 support is in the current testflight for v3.7.x
Thanks Davillia, any way I can get on the testflight? or an ETA when it will be released?
I'm assuming lack of SMB2 support on current version would cause a 'Login authorization failed with error code: 6' popup when I try to connect to the SMB machine?
As it is, MRMC has become useless for me until this is fixed, which is a real shame, as it's the best way to view media (only way for me) on ipad.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Phattchoo86 wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 13:59
davilla wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 13:33 smb2 support is in the current testflight for v3.7.x
Thanks Davillia, any way I can get on the testflight? or an ETA when it will be released?
I'm assuming lack of SMB2 support on current version would cause a 'Login authorization failed with error code: 6' popup when I try to connect to the SMB machine?
As it is, MRMC has become useless for me until this is fixed, which is a real shame, as it's the best way to view media (only way for me) on ipad.
see 1st post https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4104