1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Trying to build thru xcode

Any issues that are tvOS specific
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Trying to build thru xcode

Post by davilla » 06 Mar 2017, 16:43

Everbrave wrote:terminal frozen before finishing the make; repeating the whole process :(

make Xcode_depends in root or in user (where MrMc is placed)?

Thanks
root as in root dir of MrMC. Never, ever build as user==root or use sudo. The build system is designed to not require that hammer.

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 06 Mar 2017, 19:36

Success :) running perfectly on my iPad Pro 9.7.

Will try packing now.

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 06 Mar 2017, 19:58

cd tools/darwin/packaging/ios
chmod +x ./mkdeb-ios.sh && ./mkdeb-ios.sh release

returns ...
Packaging Release target for iOS
MrMC.app not found! are you sure you built release target?

and then prompts to user in the terminal

what is missing?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 06 Mar 2017, 20:14

Everbrave wrote:cd tools/darwin/packaging/ios
chmod +x ./mkdeb-ios.sh && ./mkdeb-ios.sh release

returns ...
Packaging Release target for iOS
MrMC.app not found! are you sure you built release target?

and then prompts to user in the terminal

what is missing?
Humm, something might be broken there, we always build for archive. That makes an ipa which we upload to the Apple Store.

For iOS, we call the App "MrMC Touch", which would be why 'MrMC.app not found',

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 06 Mar 2017, 20:28

I built while the iPad was connected because it refuses to build for a generic device; how can I build for an archive?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 06 Mar 2017, 20:52

Xcode Menu -> Product -> Archive.

I'd solve the build for generic device 1st. We always build that way when doing an Archive.

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 06 Mar 2017, 21:13

yes, thanks ... discovered this option; completed successfully and now exporting the archive; takes a long time (rotating circle on compile bitcode) :)

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 06 Mar 2017, 22:02

MrMC.ipa successfully exported with the proper profile and installed on iPad :)

EDIT:
the next question would be, what can be saved in building updates in terms of steps, i.e., time?
Compiling the new code will be necessary, of course, but the libraries remain, probably, largely unchanged. Newly linking is also necessary.
So, how do you do you manage that?

Thanks

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 07 Mar 2017, 01:46

1) Depends only needs rebuilding if something changes in there. In fact, we keep all three darwin platforms built and switch by changing the depends configure. The depends build system is designed to keep them separate.

2) make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc, make xcode_depends is only needed if 1) changed or you switch darwin platform.

Archive is only needed for deployment, for testing, we do builds/debug to the physical device. Those are fast once done the 1st time. In fact, changing platforms only take 5-10 mins if depends are already built.

Every now and then, I nuke it all and rebuild everything from scratch. This way we are sure we did not miss keeping something in sync.

For serious construction, we work under osx platform. It's the fastest way to get new core code up and running. Then we fixup (if needed) tvOS/iOS then droid as droid is done on a Linux based i7 box. The Linux box has it's own git checkouts (one for 32bit, one for 64bit) and these have smb mounts so I can edit with a real editor (Xcode). Then ssh in via terminal and command-line compile/package or adb install over net.

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 07 Mar 2017, 06:42

davilla wrote:1) Depends only needs rebuilding if something changes in there. In fact, we keep all three darwin platforms built and switch by changing the depends configure. The depends build system is designed to keep them separate.

2) make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc, make xcode_depends is only needed if 1) changed or you switch darwin platform.

Archive is only needed for deployment, for testing, we do builds/debug to the physical device. Those are fast once done the 1st time. In fact, changing platforms only take 5-10 mins if depends are already built.

Every now and then, I nuke it all and rebuild everything from scratch. This way we are sure we did not miss keeping something in sync.

For serious construction, we work under osx platform. It's the fastest way to get new core code up and running. Then we fixup (if needed) tvOS/iOS then droid as droid is done on a Linux based i7 box. The Linux box has it's own git checkouts (one for 32bit, one for 64bit) and these have smb mounts so I can edit with a real editor (Xcode). Then ssh in via terminal and command-line compile/package or adb install over net.
Got it, thanks :)
But, why three Darwin platforms, tvOS, iOS and what's the third?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk