1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Trying to build thru xcode

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Selest

Re: Trying to build thru xcode

Post by Selest »

No one has any suggestions?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

How are you comparing CPU usage ?

One thing to keep in mind is when running under Xcode, CPU will show a slight increase as you are actually running under the Xcode debugger.

Next time I'm under Xcode, I'll take a look at CPU usage with PM3. CPU usage will vary depending on skin and what that skin is showing. Any animation objects will increase CPU usage. Like RSS feed scroller, or scrolling text in a list item. If everything is static, then there will not be any GLES updates and CPU usage will idle down.

EDIT: also 50 percent is really 25 percent. On darwin, the CPU percent range is based on number of CPUs. Two CPU means something using all the CPU resources will show as 200 percent. That's why the 200 shows in

"DEBUG: CPU used = 62/200 percent"

It tells me how many CPU cores are active. OSX does this too, for example on my i7 quad core (has 8 CPU units) max is 800 percent.
Selest

Trying to build thru xcode

Post by Selest »

I have 4 atv4's...I was comparing the cpu usage between them. 3 of them are running mrmc from the app store and one is running the version i installed from xcode. All app store versions are running at what seems half the cpu usage that the xcode installed version is. I am just looking at the system info inside the app at idle on all of them.

Edit...

I just read your edits. Looking at the logs .. appstore mrmc is at around 30/200..... xcode version around 60-70/200...

Just trying to figure out why do two installed versions of the same 2.8.1 are running so differently: meaning xcode vs app store.....,settings are the same all of them.

Thanks for your help by the way
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Could something else be running in the background ? CPU percent is across all apps, that is it's a system load, not App load. If you run under xcode, you can actually see MrMC vs everything else. Under resource usage.
Selest

Post by Selest »

davilla wrote:Could something else be running in the background ? CPU percent is across all apps, that is it's a system load, not App load. If you run under xcode, you can actually see MrMC vs everything else. Under resource usage.
I will take a look at that... i didnt realize it was cpu as a whole... i will remove all apps and see if that makes and difference. Either way i dont want to bother you too much with this. Although i am not new to Kodi , I am relatively new to working with Xcode so I may have in advertently messed something up along the way.

Btw i did send you an email yest about being part of the testflight for 3.0.0. It was under a different email. I hope you can consider me for it....
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

I am trying to build for iPhone, iOS 10.3 (beta 4) on macOS 10.12.4 (beta 4) following the instructions in the ReadMe.
The configuration (with arm64) returns the following:

./configure: line 3077: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcodebuild: No such file or directory
found xcodebuild at /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcodebuild
checking for "*86"... arm64 is not "*86"
./configure: line 3208: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcodebuild: No such file or directory
configure: error: error in configure of --with-sdk=

Any advice?

Thanks
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

which Xcode version, and did you install the command-line tools ? Also need to see your configure line.

osx:
./configure --host=x86_64-apple-darwin --with-tarballs=/Users/Shared/tarballs --prefix=/Users/Shared/mrmc-depends

iOS:
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-tarballs=/Users/Shared/tarballs --prefix=/Users/Shared/mrmc-depends --with-cpu=arm64

tvOS:
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-tarballs=/Users/Shared/tarballs --prefix=/Users/Shared/mrmc-depends --with-cpu=arm64 --with-platform=tvos
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

I installed Xcode 8.2.1 (now beside Xcode 8.3 beta) and restarted the whole process from scratch, i.e. freshly downloaded the GitHub folder).
I also used the config. command you posted here. Configuration completed without error.
Currently in the make. Will report later.

Thanks
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

after make in depends

in root, make xcode_depends

then build in Xcode (after setting to correct flavor, osx-64, ios or tvos)
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

terminal frozen before finishing the make; repeating the whole process :(

make Xcode_depends in root or in user (where MrMc is placed)?

Thanks