1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Apple TV 4K - SMB timing out

Any issues that are tvOS specific
dubstastic

Apple TV 4K - SMB timing out

Post by dubstastic » 10 Jul 2018, 23:18

HI Guys,

Apologies if this issue has been rectified. The last topic I saw on the was from 2017.

I have an Apple TV 4K and had the smb working fine, then I moved out my hard drives to another PC and now when I try to add the new smb address it says 'Operation Timed out'. Am I missing something?

Cheers!

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Apple TV 4K - SMB timing out

Post by davilla » 10 Jul 2018, 23:59

dubstastic wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 23:18
HI Guys,

Apologies if this issue has been rectified. The last topic I saw on the was from 2017.

I have an Apple TV 4K and had the smb working fine, then I moved out my hard drives to another PC and now when I try to add the new smb address it says 'Operation Timed out'. Am I missing something?

Cheers!
The key words here are "to another PC", a windows PC I bet, possible one that has smb1 turned off. You don't say which lib you are using with the built-in SMB Client. There are three choices, libsmbclient (smb1 only), libdsm (smb1+ only) and libsmb2 which is smb2/3 capable.

dubstastic

Post by dubstastic » 11 Jul 2018, 02:07

Thanks for your reply. Yes, you are correct, it's a PC.

However, it was connected to another previous that I have since gotten rid of, but that had no issues finding that one. I have don nothing different except try to point MrMc to the new pc.

I didn't realise you needed anything else for it to work. is the client meant to be installed on the pc or is it an app or add on within Apple tv/MrMc?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 11 Jul 2018, 03:29

dubstastic wrote:
11 Jul 2018, 02:07
Thanks for your reply. Yes, you are correct, it's a PC.

However, it was connected to another previous that I have since gotten rid of, but that had no issues finding that one. I have don nothing different except try to point MrMc to the new pc.

I didn't realise you needed anything else for it to work. is the client meant to be installed on the pc or is it an app or add on within Apple tv/MrMc?
If it was not an exact clone of the PC you got rid of, not a clue.

Generally, the defaults work fine for most. Those with OSX need to use libdsm, those with Window7/10 need libsmb2 as Microsoft has disabled smb1 in an update.

Nothing needs to be installed, setting -> services -> smb client. look there.

dubstastic

Post by dubstastic » 11 Jul 2018, 05:08

Great, thanks. Since you mentioned Windows, I do believe they were two different versions of windows. one is 8.1 and one is 10 (I'm pretty sure).

I'll have a look on my PC tonight and see if I can see the service settings. I have a tvpc and a htpc and the mobo shit itself, so I was hoping to replace the htpc with the apple tv and just movie my hard drives into the tvpc.

Thanks very much!