1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2.5% black

Any issues that are tvOS specific
wesk05
Posts: 67
Joined: 20 Dec 2017, 06:20

Re: Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2% black

Post by wesk05 » 28 Jan 2018, 18:19

I am not in testflight. Just sent an email request.

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3466
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2% black

Post by davilla » 28 Jan 2018, 18:27

wesk05 wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 18:19
I am not in testflight. Just sent an email request.
done, note the focus handling changes. and taps -> selects

wesk05
Posts: 67
Joined: 20 Dec 2017, 06:20

Re: Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2% black

Post by wesk05 » 28 Jan 2018, 18:41

davilla wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 18:27
done, note the focus handling changes. and taps -> selects
Got it! Just now installed.
Was the "Disable limited to full video rescaling" option under "Acceleration" present in previous builds?

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3466
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2% black

Post by davilla » 28 Jan 2018, 20:14

wesk05 wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 18:41
davilla wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 18:27
done, note the focus handling changes. and taps -> selects
Got it! Just now installed.
Was the "Disable limited to full video rescaling" option under "Acceleration" present in previous builds?
yes, that came in one or two versions ago. note that it will have zero effect under AVFoundationCodec.

wesk05
Posts: 67
Joined: 20 Dec 2017, 06:20

Re: Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2% black

Post by wesk05 » 28 Jan 2018, 22:09

I tested the latest testflight build and this is what I see:
1) The issue with 4K 10-bit HEVC non-HDR content triggering HDR output is fixed.
2)The original issue of black & white clipping in HDR mode still persists.
3) SDR output mode is 8-bit dithered. Dithering is being applied to even native 8-bit source.
4) Dithering is affecting the near black levels (16-18/64-78) in SDR mode. This is purely academic, can't say how many will actually notice this issue.

As for what to look for in the test patterns:
1) AVS pattern: when brightness of the display is properly set, the flashing bar 17 should be barely visible.
2)Ryan's pattern: Bar 68 should be barely visible.

In HDR mode, you won't see bars 73-81 even when you set your display's brightness level to max.

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3466
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2% black

Post by davilla » 31 Jan 2018, 12:46

another fix

(180130.1540) @20180130-b49f0f7
fixed: dolby vision detection for VTB/AVF codecs


Some HDR content could have been switching to Dolby Vision as detecting Dolby Vision in a transport stream (xxx.ts / xxx.m2ts ) was wrong. FFmpeg has been patched to detect and tag Dolby Vision in HEVC Main10 files.

wesk05
Posts: 67
Joined: 20 Dec 2017, 06:20

Re: Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2% black

Post by wesk05 » 01 Feb 2018, 07:01

davilla wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 12:46
Some HDR content could have been switching to Dolby Vision as detecting Dolby Vision in a transport stream (xxx.ts / xxx.m2ts ) was wrong. FFmpeg has been patched to detect and tag Dolby Vision in HEVC Main10 files.
I didn't see any difference with the latest build. I remember you mentioning a particular sample being falsely detected as Dolby Vision. I wanted to check that clip, but can't seem to find that post now.

vinz2k
Posts: 6
Joined: 13 Feb 2018, 18:32

Re: Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2% black

Post by vinz2k » 13 Feb 2018, 18:43

Hello,

Any news regarding this problem ?

For your information, Infuse has exactly the same problem, since the new version is out. (5.6.8)

Regards,

cosmoxl
Posts: 1333
Joined: 12 Dec 2015, 14:16

Re: Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2% black

Post by cosmoxl » 13 Feb 2018, 19:48

vinz2k wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 18:43
Hello,

Any news regarding this problem ?

For your information, Infuse has exactly the same problem, since the new version is out. (5.6.8)

Regards,
Maybe I'm out of place interjecting here but my understanding is if you're using AVFoundation as the decoder then it's a tvOS problem, not MrMC problem. With AVF, MrMC has no control over rendering (e.g. no contrast/brightness adjustments).

vinz2k
Posts: 6
Joined: 13 Feb 2018, 18:32

Re: Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2% black

Post by vinz2k » 13 Feb 2018, 19:59

cosmoxl wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 19:48
vinz2k wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 18:43
Hello,

Any news regarding this problem ?

For your information, Infuse has exactly the same problem, since the new version is out. (5.6.8)

Regards,
Maybe I'm out of place interjecting here but my understanding is if you're using AVFoundation as the decoder then it's a tvOS problem, not MrMC problem. With AVF, MrMC has no control over rendering (e.g. no contrast/brightness adjustments).
You’re right, guys on Infuse forum have contact Apple support for this problem.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests