1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Universal Movie Scraper cannot find “Plot” from IMDB?  [SOLVED]

Any issues that are iOS specific
bayarnd

Universal Movie Scraper cannot find “Plot” from IMDB?

Post by bayarnd »

Hi,
when I select to use the “Universal Movie Scraper” for metadata (MrMC on IOS 11.3.1 iPad Pro 10.5), and the settings show “Get plot, tag line etc from IMDB”, it seems to work for all tags but not for the plot summary. The plot field in my MrMC movie listings shows “no content available”.
I tried the identical setup in my regular KODI apps on PC and Android TV Boxes and the plot summary shows fine.
Does anyone have the same experience?
Maybe there is a mapping or other setup i can correct in my app?

I am grateful for any ideas..
Thanks..
Bayarnd

6/26: Since I have not received a response yet, let me add some more info:
I think this may be a mapping problem, because the log shows that MrMC scrapes the correct data from IMDB (the same text which e.g. KODI shows as plot summary), but the Movies GUI shows an empty field and "no information available".
The plot text is tagged <outline> .. i cannot see which tag is used in the default MrMC layout, could be something different, if e.g. the plot on IMDB was renamed at some point?

Here is the relevant log entry:

17:51:19 T:6096072704 DEBUG: scraper: GetIMDBCountryById returned <details><url cache="tt1365519-main.html" function="ParseIMDBCountry">http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1365519/|ac ... ></details>
17:51:19 T:6096072704 DEBUG: scraper: ParseIMDBCountry returned <details><country>UK</country><country>USA</country></details>
17:51:19 T:6096072704 DEBUG: scraper: GetIMDBOutlineById returned <details><url cache="tt1365519-main.html" function="ParseIMDBOutline">http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1365519/|ac ... ></details>
17:51:19 T:6096072704 DEBUG: scraper: ParseIMDBOutline returned <details><outline>Lara Croft is the fiercely independent daughter of an eccentric adventurer who vanished when she was scarcely a teen. Now a young woman of 21 without any real focus or purpose, Lara navigates the chaotic streets of trendy East London as a bike courier, barely making the rent, and takes college courses, rarely making it to class. Determined to forge her own path, she refuses to take the reins of her father's global empire just as staunchly as she rejects the idea that he's truly gone. Advised to face the facts and move forward after seven years without him, even Lara can't understand what drives her to finally solve the puzzle of his mysterious death. Going explicitly against his final wishes, she leaves everything she knows behind in search of her dad's last-known destination: a fabled tomb on a mythical island that might be somewhere off the coast of Japan. But her mission will not be an easy one; just reaching the island will be extremely treacherous. Suddenly, the stakes couldn't ...
Written by
Warner Bros. Pictures

Plot Summary
|
Plot Synopsis</outline></details>
17:51:19 T:6096072704 DEBUG: scraper: GetIMDBPlotById returned <details><url cache="tt1365519-main.html" function="ParseIMDBPlot">http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1365519/|ac ... ></details>
17:51:19 T:6096072704 DEBUG: scraper: ParseIMDBPlot returned <details></details>
17:51:19 T:6096072704 DEBUG: scraper: GetIMDBTaglineById returned <details><url cache="tt1365519-main.html" function="ParseIMDBTagline">http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1365519/|ac ... ></details>
17:51:19 T:6096072704 DEBUG: scraper: ParseIMDBTagline returned <details><tagline>Her legend begins.</tagline></details>
Gigabit

Re: Universal Movie Scraper cannot find “Plot” from IMDB?

Post by Gigabit »

Same no plot info on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV 4
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Universal Movie Scraper cannot find “Plot” from IMDB?  [SOLVED]

Post by koying »

From your log, you should select "Get Plot from" = "IMDB outline" in the universal scrapper to get what you show in the plot.

Not using it myself, so unsure whether that's how it's supposed to be ;)
bayarnd

Re: Universal Movie Scraper cannot find “Plot” from IMDB?

Post by bayarnd »

Thank you, koying, that works fine and now the plot text looks as expected. I did not realize there are sub menus in the scraper setups to select the source tag..
Thanks..
bayarnd