1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Older iPad Support? (iOS 9.3.5)

Any issues that are iOS specific
f1d094

Older iPad Support? (iOS 9.3.5)

Post by f1d094 »

I've just decided I'd like to run with MrMC/Touch for my iDevices and went to download...only to find out our 2 iPad3s aren't supported. Are their any plans to back-port to iOS9? I was all excited and now kindof bummed that it won't run on 2/4 of our devices. :(
Looxoor

Re: Older iPad Support? (iOS 9.3.5)

Post by Looxoor »

f1d094 wrote:I've just decided I'd like to run with MrMC/Touch for my iDevices and went to download...only to find out our 2 iPad3s aren't supported. Are their any plans to back-port to iOS9? I was all excited and now kindof bummed that it won't run on 2/4 of our devices. :(
It's not an ios 9 issue rather than a 32-bit one.
IIRC that's kind of a low if any priority at all, alas.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Yes, not an iOS9 issue but rather MrMC is a pure arm64 app for darwin.

We tried but for an App the size and complexity of MrMC, it was just too difficult to keep arm32 and meet App Store build requirements for embedded bitcode.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

We have two ipad mini, that is the second ipad mini ever made, and they run iOS 10 and MrMC. ipad 3 are older??

This got me curious so I found this web site and, indeed, ipad 3 are older. :)

https://www.lifewire.com/list-of-ipad-m ... ns-1994232
Megan Lewis

Post by Megan Lewis »

I have an iPad 4 that runs ios 12 and MrMC/Touch. I like to use new iOS rather than the older ios version. Cause I think the new one would be safer and has more functions. Same reason that I replace my iPad with updated iPad models and generations.
Ted377

Post by Ted377 »

Megan Lewis wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 03:18 I have an iPad 4 that runs ios 12 and MrMC/Touch. I like to use new iOS rather than the older ios version. Cause I think the new one would be safer and has more functions. Same reason that I replace my iPad with updated iPad models and generations.
The iPad 4 was on iOS 10 final. In addition, MrMC can not be installed on it because it has only 32-bit. Please do not mislead the users with your statement here. Thank you!
SET-TOP-BOX: Apple TV 4K (2022)
FW: tvOS 17.4 ()
Front-End: MrMC 3.9.12 ()
Skin: Opacity
NAS: QNAP TS-431P3
Back-End: TVHeadend/PLEX
TUNER: Kathrein EXIP 418
SATELLITE DISH: SELFSAT H22DQ+