1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Infuse can browse SMB shares but MrMC (and VLC) cannot

Any issues that are iOS specific
Buadhai

Re: Infuse can browse SMB shares but MrMC (and VLC) cannot

Post by Buadhai »

davilla wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 03:25Very strange :(
I agree….

At least I'm learning a few things.
Buadhai

Post by Buadhai »

davilla wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 03:25 Did you try entering the ip direct, instead of filling it in via browse ?
Yes. Both the IP address and the host name work if libdsm is enabled.

If libdsm is not enabled, you get into an endless username/password loop whether or not you enter a valid username/password.

https://pastebin.com/LzvRQjCb
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

I thought you were running the version in testflight ? I see "Starting MrMC (3.0-5 Git:2017-05-31-cb76894)"

Should be 'Starting MrMC (3.0-6 Git:2017-06-01-bff4edc)'
Buadhai

Post by Buadhai »

I'm not familiar with "TestFlight".
Buadhai

Post by Buadhai »

OK. Now I get it….

I'm going to be away from home for the next week, so won't have an opportunity to test SMB. If the test flight is still on when I get back I'll make a request.

The thing I like about MrMC is that I can install it, configure it a bit and it just works. End of story.

When I was using Crystalbuntu/Raspbmc/OSMC, it seemed like I was spending more time browsing forums and SSHing into crummy little computers than I was spending watching videos.

When you released MrMC I ditched the crummy little computers, bought three ATV4s and never looked back. Now, for the first time ever, my wife actually watches videos when I'm not home! A major achievement, indeed.

If you look at my forum history you'll see that I've rarely had to post a MrMC inquiry. The last few weeks have been an exception, mainly because of stupid things that I've done, for which I apologize.

Thanks.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Buadhai wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 23:44 When you released MrMC I ditched the crummy little computers, bought three ATV4s and never looked back. Now, for the first time ever, my wife actually watches videos when I'm not home! A major achievement, indeed.
That's what we are aiming for :) Less fiddling and more 'It just works'.

SMB handling has always been a thorn in our sides. LibSMBClient is can be twitchy, LibDSM is incomplete. Grrr. We are looking at alternatives.