1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

.edl file support

Any issues that are iOS specific
Astrocyte74

.edl file support

Post by Astrocyte74 » 28 Feb 2017, 14:08

On my HTPC I use a KODI plugin called "MUTE PROFANITY" which basically reads the SRT file and then creates an .edl file (edit decision list file) to skip profanity at the given times they appear in the .SRT file. Let's me not worry as much about what movies my kids are watching.

Once that .edl file is created, I can play then that movie in any version of KODI whether or not the mute profanity plugin is installed (The plugin is only needed to create the .edl file, not read / use it).

The .edl file has the exact same name as the move (i.e. Arrival (2016).mkv and Arrival (2016).edl will be in the same folder (Arrival (2016)).

Do you know if your program supports these .edl files?

I would love to be able to use a version of KODI on iOS just for this reason!

Just noticed that this page "https://github.com/MrMC/xbmc-pivosgroup ... er/Edl.cpp" references .edl files . . . Maybe this is a good sign?

Just checking before I purchase the program.

Thanks!!!

amet
Team MrMC

Re: .edl file support

Post by amet » 28 Feb 2017, 14:20

hi,

I dont have any edl files so cant check...

you have 2 options, buy and if you are not happy you can request refund from apple ... or share a working video file and edl for testing purposes and we will let you know if its okay or not

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 28 Feb 2017, 14:50

edl files should work :)

Astrocyte74

Post by Astrocyte74 » 28 Feb 2017, 17:23

OK I have tried this and it works!
Amazing!
Also my wireless Seagate Hard-drive worked well.
Thanks for the great product!!!

For anyone who is wanting to set this up, it is super easy to use - instructions / download for plugin available at https://github.com/crazydevman/mute-profanity