1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

3D H.264 MKV playback in 2D (not asking for 3D support)  [SOLVED]

Any issues that are iOS specific
mukiex

3D H.264 MKV playback in 2D (not asking for 3D support)

Post by mukiex »

Platforms tested:
iPhone X
iPad Pro (A9 chip)

Issue:
When playing an MKV file with a 3D H.264/MVC video track, most media players will default to playing the 2D H.264 stream, especially if they do not support 3D MVC.

However, in MrMC, I get a failure to play regardless of which acceleration method is used:

- Under VideoToolbox (AVFoundation is disabled) : File opened, MrMC asks for a 3D playback method, and then never loads a new image. That is, it still shows the file menu. When the back button in the menu is pressed a few times, the playback begins to load in a very glitchy way (the playback bar starts flashing on-screen). Audio does not play.
- Under AVFoundation (VideoToolbox is disabled) : File opened, MrMC asks for a 3D playback method, and then displays a black screen. Audio plays in full. In addition, MrMC is able to generate a thumbnail of the file.

I can provide a sample MKV (10 seconds, 57MB) via PM if it's helpful.

Not sure if this is a known issue, and I'm mostly raising it because beyond that small flaw, MrMC is pretty much the gold (platinum?) standard for a media player in iOS for me.
UsefulG

Re: 3D H.264 MKV playback in 2D (not asking for 3D support)

Post by UsefulG »

Try disabling all acceleration and try it again. It worked for me on tvOS and iOS.
mukiex

Post by mukiex »

That seems like a really messy workaround given that you'd have to disable hardware acceleration across the board, or at least every time you wanna watch a movie that has a 3D MVC track. I do appreciate the suggestion tho.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: 3D H.264 MKV playback in 2D (not asking for 3D support)  [SOLVED]

Post by davilla »

debuglog with acceleration enabled.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

mukiex wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 00:46 That seems like a really messy workaround given that you'd have to disable hardware acceleration across the board, or at least every time you wanna watch a movie that has a 3D MVC track. I do appreciate the suggestion tho.
It's the only way for it to work currently.
mukiex

Post by mukiex »

@davilla

1. I'm really sorry for missing your follow-up and not sending a debug
2. THANK YOU! I haven't opened MrMC in a while but today I opened it up on the new iPad Mini and all the MVC stuff I've got opens without a hitch! Literally my whole library is now accessible on iOS! You guys are awesome!