1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC on macOS Sierra

Please, only How to's in here. No questions or support, use appropriate subsection for that
Lawful

MrMC on macOS Sierra

Post by Lawful »

Hello, thank you for accepting me. I'm new to this hobby. Is it any way to install MrMC in macOS Sierra? thank you. :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: MrMC on macOS Sierra

Post by davilla »

Lawful wrote:Hello, thank you for accepting me. I'm new to this hobby. Is it any way to install MrMC in macOS Sierra? thank you. :)
MacOS is not officially supported. We do however use MrMC on OSX for development so it can be built and run under OSX. To get MrMC for OSX, you would have to self build it under Xcode.
Lawful

Post by Lawful »

davilla wrote:
Lawful wrote:Hello, thank you for accepting me. I'm new to this hobby. Is it any way to install MrMC in macOS Sierra? thank you. :)
MacOS is not officially supported. We do however use MrMC on OSX for development so it can be built and run under OSX. To get MrMC for OSX, you would have to self build it under Xcode.
Thank you so much for your help. Is there any tutorial to do it? is it safe to do it if I don't know Xcode? thanks again. :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Lawful wrote:
davilla wrote:
Thank you so much for your help. Is there any tutorial to do it? is it safe to do it if I don't know Xcode? thanks again. :)
well, I would not recommend diving into coding if you have never done it. Lots of ways for epic fail :)

basically, checkout MrMC from github.
compile depends with ./configure --host=x86_64-apple-darwin --with-tarballs=/Users/Shared/tarballs --prefix=/Users/Shared/mrmc-depends

make xcode_depends, then build from xcode. There are two readme's docs/README.osx and tools/depends/README
Lawful

Post by Lawful »

davilla wrote:
Lawful wrote:
davilla wrote:
well, I would not recommend diving into coding if you have never done it. Lots of ways for epic fail :)

basically, checkout MrMC from github.
compile depends with ./configure --host=x86_64-apple-darwin --with-tarballs=/Users/Shared/tarballs --prefix=/Users/Shared/mrmc-depends

make xcode_depends, then build from xcode. There are two readme's docs/README.osx and tools/depends/README
Thank you Sr... I better stay out of trouble. :D