1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Timer to stop playback

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
zakaron

Timer to stop playback

Post by zakaron »

There is one plug-in I miss from Kodi, and that is the timer to stop playback after X amount of hours. It can be configured to stop video or audio playback after a set amount of time, with the option of only running the timer between certain hours of the day.

This was most useful when my wife would put on Live TV (MythTV PVR) at night to fall asleep to. It would stop after 3 hours if between the hours of 12am - 7am. This would prevent MythTV from recording all night and into the day if I forgot to stop playback manually.

Thank you for consideration!
WillCroPoint

Re: Timer to stop playback

Post by WillCroPoint »

+1

In my case, even a simpler implantation would do. Something like stop current playback when there hasn't been any remote control activity for whatever delay : a bit like the screen saver feature, but one which would be active during playback. It would be enabled in the settings and would show an OSD warning 1 minute before stopping playback until the user does something, anything.

Solves the wife, or self, falling asleep in front of live TV. :D

Even though I can program my TV to shutdown, the Apple TV stays active streaming from my HDHomeRun. All this uranium, hmm, power wasted. :(
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

sort of like netflix "are you still watching" that pops up after N episodes.
WillCroPoint

Post by WillCroPoint »

davilla wrote:sort of like netflix "are you still watching" that pops up after N episodes.
This Netflix like plugin is Nextup service notification on the official Kodi repo.

Concerning the falling asleep in front of the live TV case, the issue may be better solved by the Sleep Timer add-on.

But I assume these are Python plugins which may be time consuming to implement in Kodi core... My suggestion may be simpler to code, if less sexy (acts like TVs timer/eco function, somewhat). Even though I don't know much about Kodi architecture. :lol:
nicdal

Post by nicdal »

I also miss this feature!