1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Detect and display Dolby Atmos/DTS:X

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
Cartman123

Detect and display Dolby Atmos/DTS:X

Post by Cartman123 »

The number one feature I'm missing in MrMC is the ability to detect and display immersive audio tracks such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Today they are either listed as TrueHD 7.1 or DTS Master-HD 7.1.

The fine folks over at MediaInfo (http://MediaArea.net/MediaInfo) have figured out how to detect audio objects embedded in streams.

I have no idea how much work it would be to port over their detection code but it would be a killer feature to have in MrMC.

This would also mean it would be possible to have MrMC pass through only immersive tracks and decode the rest to work around the new Dolby licensing limitations they are introducting for cross-upmixing between Dolby and DTS content.
Cartman123

Re: Detect and display Dolby Atmos/DTS:X

Post by Cartman123 »

I'm glad to see that Atmos is displayed if part of E-AC-3 streams, now we only need the detection added to the TrueHD and DTS Master-HD streams as well.
Bovidae

Post by Bovidae »

Cartman123 wrote: 15 May 2019, 10:53 I'm glad to see that Atmos is displayed if part of E-AC-3 streams, now we only need the detection added to the TrueHD and DTS Master-HD streams as well.
Yea I would love to have as well. My brother got an Atmos soundbar, and it's difficult to tell if Atmos is activated or not.
michalb

Post by michalb »

+1 from me.
Thanks
BillyBudapest

Post by BillyBudapest »

Another user interested in this.
Fehritale

Post by Fehritale »

Would like to see that as well. But not sure if it needs to be a core feature or if it needs to.be build in the skins.

It isn't a big issue for me, but would be nice to have it.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

It’s not a MrMC issue but tvOS which doesn’t pass through neither TrueHD atmos nor DTS:X.