1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Audio DRC

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
mika91

Audio DRC

Post by mika91 »

Hi,

For anyone with a stereo amplifier, watching movies at night could be a very unpleasant experience: need to jugge with remote control to lower up/down volume.

On kodi, audio "dynamic range compression" could be achieved mixing both "volume amplifier" and "global volume" settings.
But first, it's not very convenient, and second is that "volume amplifier" is a persistant per media value (stored in in DB).

A more user-friendly way to handle it should be to have a volatile setting (reset when the media is stopped).
It could be named "Audio DRC" or "Night mode" for example, and everytime users press remote/key, we cycle between predefined values (pairs of amplifier + global volume, defined in advancedsettings.xml for example)

What do you think about?
Do you think it could be implemented? (I'm sure it'll please a lot of users)
timstephens24

Re: Audio DRC

Post by timstephens24 »

Don't most receivers have this in their settings? I know the three I have hooked up do, though I don't care how loud it gets so I never use them :D
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9
Apple TV4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Nakamichi 7.2.4 -> LG OLED77CX
Channels DVR w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices