1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Stop refresh/res changes except to match media

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
Quartermass

Stop refresh/res changes except to match media

Post by Quartermass »

I have my Shield connected to an AVR and then to a TV.

That means if the Shield changes resolution/refresh rate the AVR then takes a few seconds to change, and following that the TV takes a few seconds.

These delays could be almost eliminated if MrMC was set to maintain the last resolution used until it had to make a chance to match media.

So if I'm watching a set of media at for example 4K/50hz then MrMC would stay at 4K/50hz, until I started watching something that wasn't, and it'd only switch then.

This would mean that MrMC always played the correct resolution/refresh rate to match the content playing, but cut down heavily on resolution switches.
cosmoxl

Re: Stop refresh/res changes except to match media

Post by cosmoxl »

Sounds OK to me.

In the meantime, and if this isn't possible, you can disable refresh rate switching but manually set the desired refresh rate yourself in settings>system>video.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

That'd be fine at 50/60 fps, but you dont really want the GUI to run at 24 fps, do you?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

koying wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 18:45 That'd be fine at 50/60 fps, but you dont really want the GUI to run at 24 fps, do you?
It makes things feel really slow but I have to do it on my shield every time I want to watch netflix or amazon at the proper frame rate since they don't auto switch. :)