1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Slightly darker gray for subtitle color

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
Boulder

Slightly darker gray for subtitle color

Post by Boulder »

The direct LED TV I have causes subtitles on dark background bloom quite a bit if they are white. This is quite noticeable if I'm watching videos when the room is dark. Setting the subtitle color to gray makes things a bit better, but I'd like to have one setting with a darker gray subtitle color. The gray that is used now is not very dark compared to many DVD subs that I've seen so there should be enough headroom without going too far.
coffeepicker

Re: Slightly darker gray for subtitle color

Post by coffeepicker »

The white subtitles are also very flashy for my taste, especially on an OLED TV.
I tried switching them to yellow, but a dark grey seems also to be a good idea.
There seems to be some bug on the Apple TV 4K with the colour seeting because 95% of the words stay white despite setting on yellow.
Sometimes single words appear in the chosen colour but I can't recognize a pattern there.

Trying the same thing with the INFUSE App works fine, also with additionally downloaded subtitles for the same movie.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thx in advance.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

it depends on type/format of subtitle. There is no control over picture based one besides scaling.
coffeepicker

Post by coffeepicker »

Not sure if it depends on the type/format of the subtitle if it works with INFUSE streaming the exact some movies from my NAS.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

coffeepicker wrote: 14 May 2018, 18:35 Not sure if it depends on the type/format of the subtitle if it works with INFUSE streaming the exact some movies from my NAS.
Infuse could be using some other format subtitle so you cannot assume that just because something works (or does not) in Infuse, it will work (or not) with MrMC.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Debuglog maybe showing offending subtitle in action?