1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

(In Testflight 3.6.1) TV Mosaic/ DVBLink PVR

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
Montoya

(In Testflight 3.6.1) TV Mosaic/ DVBLink PVR

Post by Montoya » 01 Mar 2018, 12:05

DVBLogic has just released the first beta's of the new DVBLink Server and its called TVMosaic.
https://forum.tv-mosaic.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15

There are some changes in the TVMosaic compared to DVBLink server, so that software that uses the DVBLink API, needs to be modified:
Note for products, which use DVBLink Remote API to talk to DVBLink Server. There is a change to the DVBLink Remote API: dvblink_channel_id is now a String instead of Long. Please adjust it in your products. Changing it to string is backward compatible with DVBLink.
Can you guys make a copy of the DVBLink PVR and call it TVMosaic PVR and incorparate the above change (which ONLY applies for the TVMosaic Server and NOT for the DVBLink server) so we can test the TVMosaic server in Testflight of MrMC ?

Because this way, existing DVBLink users in MrMC won't be affected by this change.
Thanks !!
Last edited by Montoya on 05 Apr 2018, 21:23, edited 4 times in total.

amet
Team MrMC

Re: TV Mosaic PVR (new DVBLink server)

Post by amet » 01 Mar 2018, 12:10

If channel id change to string is backward compatible, why don’t we just change dvblink addon to it and it can be used on both?

Montoya

Post by Montoya » 01 Mar 2018, 12:48

Because I don't have the technical knowledge what those changes will do for MrMC users with connections to the existing DVBLink server. That's why I suggested a test TVMosaic PVR, which when implemented in Testflight, can also be tested by DVBLink server users. If some unforeseen things happen, it won't affect their live install of the MrMC DVBLink PVR.

DVBLogic says it is backward compatible, but is it really so ?

I already tested the TVMosaic server with Kodi 17.6 and 18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20180228-d56be60aa6 and some things are not 100% OK, like timeshift and logo import from TVMosaic server. Because of that I suspect some things that still need to be fixed by DVBLogic.

If no problems are reported by users of the test TVMosaic PVR with DVBLink server, than you can implement those changes in the DVBLink PVR in MrMC safely and only have one PVR in MrMC for DVBLink server and TVMosaic server.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 01 Mar 2018, 14:38

Slightly OT but I read the link above announcing the mosaic beta and I'm left wondering why on earth I'd abandon my current, paid, dvblink suite only to pay *again* to get what I need from mosaic? What I need, xmltv, isn't in the free version.

Montoya

Post by Montoya » 01 Mar 2018, 15:55

[offtopic}
Been testing TVMosaic since first beta and there is still a lot to do by DVBLogic to make TVMosaic mature enough to convince existing DVBLink users who don't have Android TV, to upgrade.

TVMosaic has strong points for Android TV (TVMosaic Live) and IPTV, that DVBLink doesn't have, like extended m3u support. Automatic tag mapping from m3u in TVMosaic is now done for:

- tvg-logo (channel logo's)
- tvg-id (EPG)
- group-title (Favorite lists)

So combined with a suiting xmltv listing where channel-id''s are matching with tvg-id's in m3u, all IPTV channels are set up in TVMosaic instantly with channel logo's, EPG and favorite lists, with no manual configuration at all.

But as long as no features are implemented that I suggested there, I haven't made up my mind about the benefits TVMosaic brings to me (No Android TV in my household). But so far it's a rock solid server package, when I tested 8 simultaneous encrypted DVB-C streams to my projector screen at once (just like a TV control room), with a quad DVB-C network tuner, to test the resources used by TV Mosaic server.

But anyway, people aren't forced to upgrade, so it still remains a free choice.
[/offtopic]

jaas66

Post by jaas66 » 28 Mar 2018, 14:32

Hi,

I agree with amet why not do dvblink_channel_id to a String if it is the easiest solution. TvMosaic is now launched and I have installed both versions side by side (DVBLink port 8100, TVMosaic port 9270) on my TV server for evaluation and both systems work with same addon for Kodi 17.6 which must mean that the addon is backward compatible.

Best regards
Jan

Montoya

Post by Montoya » 28 Mar 2018, 18:47

Of course, the DVBLink/TVMosaic Kodi PVR addon for Krypton and Leia, maintained by DVBLogic, DVBLogic already stated with first beta release of TVMosaic, that the Kodi addon was already compatible to both systems.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 29 Mar 2018, 03:37

So, anyone that can share the access to the servers with us for testing? If so, contact us on support@mrmc.tv

jaas66

Post by jaas66 » 29 Mar 2018, 05:33

E-mail has been sent

Thank you / Jan

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 29 Mar 2018, 05:36

jaas66 wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 05:33
E-mail has been sent