1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Allow to downgrade resolution

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
Slice314

Allow to downgrade resolution

Post by Slice314 »

Shield has the possibility to change (automatically) resolution and refresh rate.

For example, when I play a 1080p file and my Shield it's setted to 4K, the SPMC fork change the resolution to native content (1080). With this, the TV receive the signal at 1080 and then upscale to 4K (it does a far better job than the Shield).

Could we get this feature as well? @koying already implemented it and it works wonders.

Thanks
Last edited by Slice314 on 28 Feb 2018, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
SUPERBIF

Re: Auto resolution switch depending on content (Nvidia Shield)

Post by SUPERBIF »

That would be wonderful feature. +1
Slice314

Re: Auto resolution switch depending on content (Nvidia Shield)

Post by Slice314 »

Could we merge @Koying code to "Allow to downgrade resolution" into MrMC?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13191

This would improve MrMC enormously on the Shield... and the code is already there. @Davilla?
Slice314

Re: Allow to downgrade resolution

Post by Slice314 »

is this possible in a foreseeable future? :roll:

Can the Nvidia Shield get some love?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

yes
Boulder

Post by Boulder »

Has this one been included in MrMC or is it still pending? I have a high end 4K TV which has a pretty good upscaler and my sources range between 480p and 4K. It would be a big plus to be able to throw the native resolution (or closest to it) to the TV and let it handle the upscaling.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Boulder wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 15:26 Has this one been included in MrMC or is it still pending? I have a high end 4K TV which has a pretty good upscaler and my sources range between 480p and 4K. It would be a big plus to be able to throw the native resolution (or closest to it) to the TV and let it handle the upscaling.
I think it's coming in the next release. The testflight notes mention it but so far the testflight isn't posted.
Boulder

Post by Boulder »

cosmoxl wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 15:32
Boulder wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 15:26 Has this one been included in MrMC or is it still pending? I have a high end 4K TV which has a pretty good upscaler and my sources range between 480p and 4K. It would be a big plus to be able to throw the native resolution (or closest to it) to the TV and let it handle the upscaling.
I think it's coming in the next release. The testflight notes mention it but so far the testflight isn't posted.
Thanks a lot for the news! MrMC just keeps getting better and better :D